Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,125   Online: 830

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Pro 400

Shooter
    Multi Format

Delta Pro 400

Just picked up a couple of rolls of this and wondered how others like it and what developers you use. I got the 120 size for my ETRSi Bronica but I assume it would be similar in 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Just picked up a couple of rolls of this and wondered how others like it and what developers you use. I got the 120 size for my ETRSi Bronica but I assume it would be similar in 35mm.
    ILFORD Delta 400 is a great film; however it can get very grainy if exposure and development are not dialled in correctly. I used the film in Ilfotec HC which is similar to Kodak HC-110, and Delta 400 should also work well in the classic D-76 formula.

What developer(s) do you have to hand?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I really like it in Ilford DD-X it comes out really smooth and fine grained---Shot at ISO400 developed for 8 Min. @68F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Use it regularly with replenished Xtol, works real nice.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info and I will probably be using D76 since I have 2 gallons unopened to mix up. I would like to try XTOL but want to use up the D76 first. I thought this film might be good for handheld shooting with the Bronica since it is 400 ISO.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too have used it regularly (120) for many years and process in ID11. I shoot most often with a tripod but on a recent trip to Italy found it wasn't always possible to use my tripod and hand held which can be more limiting when you want to stop down. I've developed a few of the rolls which (also) ended up having to be x-rayed at airports and seem to be okay and not fogged.

Try it you'll like it.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DD-X by the box, 8 min at 20 C.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using Delta 400 120 for a while now (rate at 64) with Rodinal and really like it. I do the Rodinal 1:100, 75F semi stand- 2 minute water presoak (without this, I have a lot of foam in the tank by the end of development - and only with this film/developer), then 2 minutes constant agitation, then agitation at the 4 minute mark, then every 4 minutes, stopping anywhere from 18 - 24 minutes depending on shooting conditions, etc.
    Except for the first 2 minutes, each agitation is 8 inverted twists, taking exactly 15 seconds (agitation is how you control contrast with Rodinal). Normal time is 20 minutes. I use just enough developer to cover the reel (425cc with my Kinderman tank and Hewes reel).
    Maybe more info than you wanted, but I got on a roll...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is never too much information.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DD-X. Exactly as specified in the instructions.

I do shoot and push it to 800 and 1600. Personally, I think this combination makes a better ISO 1600 solution than buying 1600/3200 film.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin