Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,643   Online: 1088

Shooter
    Medium Format

Sepia tone Fuji B/W instant?

Hi, Is it possible to sepia tone Fuji FP-100B instant film? (As in like toning a silver gelatine print). I only ask because today I used up my very last sheets of Polaroid Type 56.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Hi, Is it possible to sepia tone Fuji FP-100B instant film? (As in like toning a silver gelatine print). I only ask because today I used up my very last sheets of Polaroid Type 56.
    Yes it is. I tried it once. It came out a bit thin though and with a very warm orange / brown color, with some losses in highlights. You may consider to partially selenium tone first, and than switch to sepia for better results. I haven't tried it though, so don't know the exact results. Another option would be to overexpose to compensate for some of the losses in density.

By the way, I used a two bath bleach / redeveloper (ferricyanide/thiourea) sepia toner. Results are probably different, and maybe better, for a one bath polysulfide sepia toner that doesn't use a bleaching step.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great to know - thanks for the Information!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin