Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,889   Online: 1056

Shooter
    35mm RF

Delivering film to my hotel in Germany

Hello everybody,

I'm over in Poland for work, so I brought 10 rolls or so of Efke KB25 and Tri-X to shoot. Now work has told me `go to Hanover for three days', and unfortunately I've run out of film.

Given that I wanted to pick up some more paper and some more of this beautiful Efke KB25, I figured I'd order a decent quantity of everything from Macodirect again. Unfortunately as I'm only there for three days I'm a little wary about timing.

Any idea of delivery times from Macodirect in Germany? I fly home to NZ on Wednesday, if I placed an order now so it was seen first thing on Monday morning, what are my chances it would reach the hotel before I fly out? I wouldn't want to leave a large quantity of film and paper sitting in some strange hotel in Hanover and have to arrange it to be shipped to me in NZ.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,

Although Macodirect has decent service, I have not experienced them delivering very quickly. Maybe it's different when they are shipping with Germany, but next day delivery is very tricky. On the website they indicate an expected delivery within Germany of 2 to 3 days ("In der Regel erreicht unsere Sendung innerhalb von 2 - 3 Werktagen den Empfänger.").

Good luck,

Lars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the details of your situation but I suggest considering following options:

1. Will you fly or take a train from Poland to Hannover? If you go by train, you could make a stop in Berlin (you'll likely be travelling via Berlin anyway) and drop by the Fotoimpex shop at Alte Schönhauserstrasse 32B. They should have what you need. If you go by plane, fly to Berlin and continue by train.

2. Contact Macodirect or Fotoimpex, explain you situation, and ask (beg if needed) to ship your order the same day. They both use good postal services and your order will be delivered next day.

3. Rent a car and make the 330 km round trip from Hannover to Stapelfeld near Hamburg where Macodirect is located. Call them first to ask if they agree to sell you on-site.

4. As a last resort ask around in Hannover's photo stores, they might know if somebody sells it locally.

I hope you'll get what you need.

Andres

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the replies guys I hadn't considered Fotoimpex, I may contact them as at least they list a phone number on their website as opposed to Macodirect who only give an email address out as far as I can see.

I'm flying through Frankfurt so going to Berlin won't be an option -- a shame, as I'd like to say I'd been to Berlin! Next time I'll spend more time in Germany and have a look around.

I may just have to buy a couple of rolls of consumer colour film in the worst case. I'm going to a tradeshow though so something with a little higher ISO might've been useful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maco's phone is +49 40/237008-88. They call it Hotline in their contact list.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Ah! I didn't see that. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin