Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,490   Posts: 1,542,944   Online: 890

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Tech Pan RIP - What will happen to Stouffer's Test wedges?

Anyone notice that all of the Stouffer's step tablets are made on Kodak Tech Pan? Sure hope those guys are stocking up on the film now.

Images
    How did you determine that? All the ones I have had were on a heavier base than that of Tech Pan and had no edge markings.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The one I bought (4x5) directly from Stouffer was, if i remember correctly, in a recycled Ilford packaging of some sort (maybe Ortho?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s
    The one I bought (4x5) directly from Stouffer was, if i remember correctly, in a recycled Ilford packaging of some sort (maybe Ortho?)
    Same here, I received some step wedges in a Ilford Ortho box. I'm fairly sure that that's the film they are using to make the step wedges.

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martin@jangowski.de
    Same here, I received some step wedges in a Ilford Ortho box. I'm fairly sure that that's the film they are using to make the step wedges.

Martin
    My wedges have Tech Pan labels along the edge (TP) Maybe they can use Ilford ortho too. I hope so. Maybe they saw this coming a while back and switched films. My step wedges are at least 4 years old - but definitely made from Tech Pan.
    Last edited by clay; 08-17-2004 at 08:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martin@jangowski.de

Martin

All current Stouffer transmission step wedges are made on Ilford Ortho Film base processed in Phenisol.

Sandy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin