Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,162   Online: 996

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford HP4 Plus blank negatives

Hi,

Today took some pictures with my Bronica SQ-a. I then went home to develop the film. I did it like i always do, using Ilfosol 3, Ilfostop and rapid fixer. When I took the film out of the tank, it was completly blank with a red tone to it and a couple of white stains which i could scrabe off.
    It's my first roll of 120 in the Bronica, but I have developed 35mm for some time, even the same type of film, and never experienced anything like this. Does anyone have a clue to what went wrong?

Thanks!

It of course Ilford HP5 Plus (ISO 400).
    Last edited by prays; 11-13-2010 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you load the film into the Camera properly and did you see any numbers on the edges of the film after processing it?
    I shot 10 rolls of HP5 Plus 120 film recently and they were all fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I loaded it correctly, and aligned it to the red marker and everything. But I didn't see any numbers on the edge of the paper after processing. While shooting i used apperatures between 11 and 32 and various shutter speeds, if this could be to any help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prays View Post
    Yes, I loaded it correctly, and aligned it to the red marker and everything. But I didn't see any numbers on the edge of the paper after processing. While shooting i used apperatures between 11 and 32 and various shutter speeds, if this could be to any help?
    The paper or the film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I of course meant the film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Prays, if you didn't see any numbers, then you may have poured in the fixer first instead of the developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. I have thought about that. But since the fixer is clear and the developer is yellowish, I doubt it. But I'll shoot another roll tomorrow, and try again. The thing which i consider the strangest, is the redish colouring of the roll, and the spots.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Prays, if there are no edge marking on the film, numbers and film name etc then the only possibility is that you fixed the film before developing it, even if the film was unexposed due to something wrong with the camera the edge markings would be there, fixing first would also account for the other symptoms, we have al done it When I fixed first I remember the film(verichrome pan many years ago) was pink, clear and had some spots, Richard
    Last edited by R gould; 11-13-2010 at 02:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: getting old

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay. Well, i must have messed up then. Thanks for the answers. I'll return tomorrow and tell you if it is working

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by prays View Post
    Hmm. I have thought about that. But since the fixer is clear and the developer is yellowish, I doubt it. But I'll shoot another roll tomorrow, and try again. The thing which i consider the strangest, is the redish colouring of the roll, and the spots.
    Stop-Bath is usually yellowish as well, either that, or your developer could have turned bad.
    It's the fact that you didn't see any numbers or the ILFORD HP5 PLUS letters that puzzles me and why I suspect that you poured in either the stop-bath or fixer first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin