Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,779   Online: 1138

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    No contest - The inkjet would be *MUCH* easier. I use a JOBO, and keeping the tanks clean has never been a problem.
    All this DOES make sense for the one-hour labs.

Hmmm... I did not know that Fuji Crystal Archive was "double duty". I have been using Ilfocolor --- I love the stuff. I'll try some Fuji in the near future.
    From experience I know for a fact that the pictures the photo labs print from digital files onto wet process color paper looks a lot smoother, sharper, and better color rendition that what I can do on my Epson 2200. I wish I had one of those machines myself to play with.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yet more bad news and at the end of the day we have no choice but to wait and see if the administrators think that there is a profit margin worth making in film to be able to find a buyer. So for the time being I'll carry on until we hear the outcome. I see no point is chasing around finding alternative films and papers for them to disappear just when I can guarantee a customer a standard I feel comfortable with. If all the big players pull out then I guess I'll retire from photography altogether

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Courts are throwing out evidence that is not film based. Maybe internally the shots are digital at a police department, but for court room evidence it has to be film. But I see you are in the netherlands. May be different there.
    Courts maybe throw out digital evidence when it's from somebody else. But he is an official sworn in police officer/photographer. And courts here in Holland accept his digital photographs. The only occasions he uses his analog equipment now is for family pictures. ALL policework is done digitally.

Gilbert
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just goes to show Les was way ahead of us.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just been Emailed this Link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Think I will buy a freezer and fill it with FP4 in roll and 4x5 sheets.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think this is opportunity knocking for you, Sean. You're often complaining about how much you dislike your current day job. Make them a reasonable offer for the film business - you can worry about how to pay for it later. Imagine the new label - "APUG Ilford FP4 +" - ect... Hard times call for bold risk taking! We'll all be right behind you - depending of course on how much shipping from New Zealand costs, and if it takes more than a week...
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ilford in trouble???

This is a sad day indeed but it is looking more and more that film photographers ( except for Kodak and Fujicolor at Walmart) may be in deep trouble. This is troubling indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a long time devotee of Delta 100 and ID11, I am more than saddened by this news; I actually lost sleep over it last night. I know it's premature to mourn what's not yet dead, but there's a pall that may not lift for quite a while if ever. The bright side? Entrepenuership is a quirky and infinitely surprising enterprise. Welcome to the world of the 'niche market'. For example, I know of a tiny artist's oil paint firm in Kingston, NY that makes extraordinary products which serve a loyal artist community. The owner does well, but he cares about his product and the people who use it as much as he regards his 'bottom line'. I hope we'll eventually be as well served by suppliers of analog materials who feel similarly.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin