Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,776   Online: 1011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks folks, It does indeed look like there are many alternatives and all I have to do is get my head around it. I'm very familiar with Francesco's images which are stunning (but he could get wonderful images with a cardboard box and sticky back tape )and as noseoil has said he does wonders with Efke which Ian Grant suggested to me before we heard of Ilfords troubles.

Apologies for getting myself into rather a twist on this one. My major confession is that I am permanently bordering on clinical depression and shocks like we have had the last few days tend to take away my crutches.

Kind regards Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope APX-100 doesn't go away yet.
    For 400, Neopan is fantastic.
    Fast spedd D3200 or neopan 1600

I try to avoid chinese stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Hello Tony,
    Should -heaven forbid -Rodinal vanish into a thin haze, there's always Foma 09 or Calbe 09 which are practically the same.
    On the film front: there's this new Chinese film called Lucky. Has anybody tried this?
    Hans
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a quick update on this one. I've now tried TMAX 100 and either by the grace of the gods or good metering the negatives do look to have full tonal range. I souped it in Rodinal 1+50 and have just got over the shock / surprise of a nice straw coloured Rodinal going into the tank but grape juice coming out. Once I get a chance to print I'll post the results if they are any good.

Still have to try Delta 3200 in Rodinal once I can get my hands on a couple of rolls (might mean a visit to the bay) otherwise I'll have to try P3200 TMAX.

Images
    As you probably know, the grape juice is due to the dyes in the TMX. Rodinal doesn't have enough sulfite to bleach them. To test my thesis, you could stir some sulfite into the used developer. Who knows, maybe you could work up a magic act with that.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simple is best. TMX is good stuff, and bulk-rollable if you like that. Otherwise I'd recommend Acros.

Switched from Delta a couple of years back to Neopan 400, started to realize how much it was like Tri-X so went back to the grace of the Great Yellow Father. $21/100' spool! And it's THE STUFF, even in Japan: see?

If it's good enough for both Salgado and Moriyama, I'm there

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gainer - I realised it was the dye but was surprised by how strong in colour it was. The negatives have come out clear after a 3 minute fix in Ilford Rapid. Next roll I develop I'll try to remember not to throw the used Rodinal away and test it.

Bjorke - I find for some unknown reason Delta doesn't seem to like me and fail to get consistent results. The TMAX100 seems to come out the way I suspected it would or is that hoped? LOL I need to do some more testing as I didn't nail the first roll as well as I could, but it's looking very promising.

The attached neg scan (sorry everyone) shows I needed more DOF and the shot would benefit from a slightly different angle. My scanner has failed (as it quite often does) to pick out the shadow details, but wet printing would easily cope with the range of tones in the neg I think I was more interested in capturing the extreams of light than the aesthetics of the picture lol

Thank you both for your comments they really are very appreciated!
    Last edited by TPPhotog; 09-18-2004 at 08:53 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo's and getting tired zzzzzzz

Shooter
    Large Format
    Developed J&C Pro 100 120mm roll in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 mins with good results - at least the negatives look good. Will try printing soon. It looks like a very good film & price is great. Just ordered couple of boxes of the sheet film today (& just received shipping notice - what service!!!)
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doug that is good service

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If I were shooting B&W in 35mm--which I don't do much anymore--I'd be using TMX in D-76 (1+1) or possibly Xtol, New Delta 400 in Perceptol at EI 200 or in D-76 at EI 400, and Delta 3200 for high speed. Maybe I'd try Efke 100 in PMK, which I like in larger formats, but haven't tried in 35mm.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David,

I intend to try the Efke 100 as soon as I have some time. I recently shot and souped a 14 year out of date roll of KB14 and was / am impressed by it. As far as possible I want to stick to developing in Rodinal now, but I have used D-76 and ID-11 in the past but I just love that Rodinal look though

Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin