Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,774   Online: 928

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just got some Jamaican Blue Mountain beans to roast up for Christmas gifts. I wonder if developing film in some of those would improve the quality of my negatives??? Nah, I'm gonna drink it instead!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    jnanian, is that for drinking or developing? I'd soon drink D-76 over that roast....
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    jnanian, is that for drinking or developing? I'd soon drink D-76 over that roast....
    i could probably drink it since it was originally bought for someone who was serving it at her restaurant.
    i know its drinkable, and i have to admit, it smells pretty nice.
    but ... i perked for film instead. it is cooling now ( 1L / 6-7 'scoops ) and i'll be processing 4 rolls of film in it soon ...
    the last roast i did turned out good, this one i am sure will be even better
    since i roasted the beans to be black inside + out, used coffee maker + pulverized the coffee in a grinder ...

who knows, maybe over extraction and brewing it the traditional way will reduce caffic acid content ...

whether it works or not, it's kind of fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haha, ok. I guess that's beyond French roast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Haha, ok. I guess that's beyond French roast

yeah .. my wife looked at it and said " thats' burnt! " ...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Idiotic thread?

You guys don't seem to have a clue about what's really inside those beans, do you?

Why in hell start producing something that can be bought easily on nearly ever corner, something that is way better than anyone can hope to make, and something that promises REPEATABILTY, which cannot be said about this!

Coffe beans contains a lot of stuff you know little about. For a budding film developer, its important to know a few basic things: yes we have coffeine. yes we have caffeic acid, varying with the brand of beans.

But whats not generally considered is the fats and wax content. This can be easily spotted inside a coffee pot, its the brown gooish stuff that covers the insides. In a coffe machine, the good old brands that used coffee filters (disposable, mind you) the wax and fats are to a large degree held back in the paper, therefore the risc of heart failure connected with heavy coffee drinking is less with this, than woith a black coffe pot on the stove....

But fats and wax inside a developer? Put there deliberatley? Come oooon, there is absolutely no need for this excercise, other maybe roasting coffee for drinking maybe, its way better to buy what the doctered ordered here, good cheap BLACK instant coffee and use lots of it (10 times the normal drinking concentration at least have you considered that 40 gram of black instant coffee per litre is an awful lot of coffee.....)

BTW the production process of instant coffee, especially the more modern flash freezing process, seem to limit the wax content inside the dried stuff, so go buy a cheap box today and be better off!

What will be the next? Harvesting your own organges, in order to extract vitamine C from them?

Some people seem to have too much time on their hands...... or know to little of nothing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Prestmo View Post

Some people seem to have too much time on their hands...... or know to little of nothing.
    Nobody is forcing you to waste time reading this thread
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    \
    What will be the next? Harvesting your own organges, in order to extract vitamine C from them?
    They grow everywhere here and the Navel variety are just ripe, along with my tangerines, so why not?

My grapefruit tree bears year round, and I just can't eat all it produces, so it's perfect for the rest of the year. Maybe I could plant a couple of robusta coffee plants...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Large Format
    jeeeez -

were you this harsh to people when you first learned about caffenol ?

not everything has to be done "by the book" especially when "the book" hasn't been written.
    Last edited by jnanian; 12-26-2010 at 07:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Idiotic thread?
    I hadn't considered it idiotic until about 4:23 local time.

Sir, I consider your temperament to be very much at odds with the adventurous spirit with which most of us approach the subject of Caffenol. Name calling does little to advance your own position in this otherwise civil discussion. I find myself considering the "ignore user" button for only the second time in my years at APUG.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin