Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,690   Online: 741

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Density measurements of T-Grain films

I have read comments that properly exposed Tmax negatives appear to look thinner/or thicker (I can't remember) on a light table that a TriX or conventional film. Some of the bad reviews these T-Grain films first received were because people would compensate exposure to get a similar looking negative and thus block the highlights.

My question is: How would this difference effect density readings to determine fb+fog and other zone system/BTZS measurements? Are the threshold densities the same? (even though they may look different to the eye).

I hope I explained this correctly. Just something I thought about today.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think this is due to a lower base + fog reading making the whole negative look thinner. Acros is certainly like this. Since it is the density range and not absolute density values that determine how a negative prints I can see how people could get messed up with a new film that has a low b+f value.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin