Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,906   Online: 938

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A firend of mine from Coratia is there and he offered to bring some bulk EFKE 25 and 100 film.

I'll let ya'll know if she comes back with film
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Denis

This article was taken to my attention in an argument in a Brazilan B&W group when I placed in doubt an information from a citzen of Croatia living here that the Efke factory was closed.

The Fotokemia site is privatelly owned, registered to a man from Sweden (this was also part of the argument).

The Fotoimpex Germany site places www.fotoimpex.us as distribuitors to the US/Canada.

This site redirects (as per Google's cache) to J&C.

Jorge O
    Curitiba - nice place to live, if you don't care about the weather...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I understand the concern about ULF film availability in the future. But really, there are more films available now for ULF then there have been since I started shooting 8x20 in 1992. Then I had two options, buy 12x20 Illford HP5 (when you could find it at one or two locations) and cut it to 8x20 or special order film from Kodak.

Now we have films from J&C Classic 200 and Efke PL100 (still would like to see the Classic 400 in 8x20). The View Camera store has HP5+ and Bergger 200, and even B&H is stocking the Bergger 200. Plus you still have the special order option from Kodak.

So, today we may only have three or four films available off the shelf in ULF, but it is still better then it was. Rather then worry about "IF" a film still be around in a year or two, we should support the vendors like J&C that are providing the films for us today. If they can make money by selling the films to us, then the films will still be here for a while.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Denis

This article was taken to my attention in an argument in a Brazilan B&W group when I placed in doubt an information from a citzen of Croatia living here that the Efke factory was closed.

The Fotokemia site is privatelly owned, registered to a man from Sweden (this was also part of the argument).
    The Swedish Fotokemika site has absolutely nothing to do with the Fotokemika company. When I asked them about it, they (sales manager at Fotokemika in Samobor) said that they don't care about it. The site is done by an individual who has no business connection with them, and they (Fotokemika) see it only as a good marketing - at no cost to them. :-)

As for the factory being closed - they had a factory in Zagreb, (almost) in the center of town. The new owner sold the premises, moved the factory to Samobor (lot cheaper, lower local taxes, etc.) and probably made a huge profit :-)

So, the factory is not closed - it just moved to a nearby town. They've been operating from there (Samobor) for the last two years or something. So, it's old news.

Anyway, I see I'll have to make an official visit to Fotokemika company in Samobor and put up an informative site with photos and all - and with authoritative data from the company itself :-)))

I'll contact them about this next week, and I'll try to do something about it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Denis

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Denis

The Fotoimpex Germany site places www.fotoimpex.us as distribuitors to the US/Canada.

This site redirects (as per Google's cache) to J&C.

Jorge O
    Correct, the Fotokemika site is not in any way affiliated with Fotokemika, they are pretending to be Fotokemika and are selling advertising on the site to generate revenue. The efke.com site is also not in any way related to Fotokemika or Efke.

We (JandC) have an exclusive marketing agreement with Fotokemika along with Fotoimpex. JandC is the official importer of Efke products into North America. This is why Fotoimpex directs all North American traffic to us.

Quote Originally Posted by George Losse
    I understand the concern about ULF film availability in the future. But really, there are more films available now for ULF then there have been since I started shooting 8x20 in 1992. Then I had two options, buy 12x20 Illford HP5 (when you could find it at one or two locations) and cut it to 8x20 or special order film from Kodak.

Now we have films from J&C Classic 200 and Efke PL100 (still would like to see the Classic 400 in 8x20). The View Camera store has HP5+ and Bergger 200, and even B&H is stocking the Bergger 200. Plus you still have the special order option from Kodak.

So, today we may only have three or four films available off the shelf in ULF, but it is still better then it was. Rather then worry about "IF" a film still be around in a year or two, we should support the vendors like J&C that are providing the films for us today. If they can make money by selling the films to us, then the films will still be here for a while.
    Classic 400 8x20 has been ordered and will be available in a couple of months.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Classic 400 8x20 has been ordered and will be available in a couple of months.
    That is great news!
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Efke just delivered new PL100 to us this week, so I guess that answers the question about Efke.

The Lucky emulsion is not a Tmax like product as many have specualted. In fact the anti halo coating on this film is very weak resulting in interesting images when bright light is involved. We were going to import this to the US but decided not to.
    Here we go on about methods for removing anti-halation coating before shooting film and you have access to one such film with the desirable attributes already built in and won't import it!

Oh well, can't have everything.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin