Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,977   Online: 838

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pat, I've seen a couple variations of your PC TEA formula in some threads around the net. Which one have you settled on?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Without data, it is useless to consider which one to use. Selection is based on result.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience is a bigger carb, larger/straighter runners on the intake, and better exhaust flow does improve performance. After all it's just a big air pump.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    I'm an 80 year old kid who didn't spend nearly as much on the "improved" (I don't remember calling it that) HC110 as I did on the original. Thinking of doing it without doing it does not give you the privilege of poking fun at me for doing it. If KODAK decides to cease manufacture of HC110 in quantities we can afford, will you then do what you are thinking of doing? I would expect something not quite so inventive, like using D-23 or D-76.

The next step after the experiments with HC110 was PC-TEA, which a lot of people are using.
    Patrick,
    I apologize. I was not trying to be insulting. Such activities just kinda strike me funny...that's all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    My experience is a bigger carb, larger/straighter runners on the intake, and better exhaust flow does improve performance. After all it's just a big air pump.

Mike

I guess it all depends upon how you measure "performance". Does your definition include such considerations as: Reliability, Drive-ability, Idle quality, cold weather starting, Fuel Economy, cost, Noise, vibration and Harshness, Emissions, Compliance with Federal Motor Vehicle safety standards, packaging, maintainability, maintenance service, expected warranty costs, effects upon other components in the system, oil life....????

I suspect not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that we see here that HC110 works. Patrick has said he can soup it up (no pun intended) by adding some things. My question is that for all of that extra chemistry and work, what do we gain? Patrick has not shown any real gain such as an HC110 processed negative and a souped up negative side by side at high magnification to show any similarity or improvemet in anything.

If they are similar, then it is extra work for nothing, but if the souped up developer is superior in some way, then we have something.

With the car example, there are performance measures that can be made. We just don't have someone telling us "this is better".

So, Patrick, you have the two developers, how about some show and tell instead of just tell. When I make an emulsion, I make negatives and scan them and post them. When I make prints, same thing.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I goofed up this thread.

While seaching some old threads on HC110 I came across it and decided to ask Pat if he had done any follow-up work on the formula. I was really inquirying out of curiosity since I like using HC110. I was just trying to make conversation rather than trying to see if it was something I wanted to use.

One of the things I like about APUG is kicking the tires, after all I'm a Goodyear guy.

It was/is a four year old thread, that I probably should not have brought back to life.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also was just trying to ask more about the testing. Perhaps I can just do some of it myself...if I can get my hands on the chemicals required.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, if I post something, I like to show the proof of the pudding so to speak. And, I'm almost as old as Patrick. So, I think it is fair to ask before we commit time and money to mixing these things. Patrick and others should show proof.

I think that is fair. After all, the rest of us do that.

PE

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Bigger carbs - that's making me hungry.

Hey, I have to come to the defense of the distinguished gentleman from WV as well as the distinguished gentleman from NY.

I love Mr Gainer's posts - he literally comes up with recipes from the 'salt of the earth' - reminds me of when I come home and look to see what there is to eat and I don't see anything- my wife says just take this and that and two of these..and 'hey, this is good stuff!' His willingness to contribute

Yet I also respect Mr Mowrey (PE)'s uniquely profound and profoundly unique knowledge and experience, willingness to share what were once probably largely guarded proprietary trade secrets. His cautions and commercial experience help me keep a balance.

Between the combination of the two I gain some interesting insight and some restrained perspective. I know they are not 'on the same page' regarding a number of issues, but I'm glad they are both here.
    Murray

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin