Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,023   Online: 1059

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Ultrafine film line?

I received a new catalog from Photo Warehouse and notice that they are advertising a new line of ISO 400 B&W panchromatic sheet films. Has anyone used these films or know anything about them?

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sandy,

I have not tried their 400 speed films. In speaking with them at the time I ordered my last batch of 12X20 film they mentioned bringing in a 400 ISO film. I am surprised at their timing on this since the 125 ISO material is commonly recognized as being a FP4 clone. With the Ilford situation who knows what this stuff is.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use the Ultrafine ISO 125 almost exclusively. if reacts to developers, looks, and feels, just like FP4. I shoot it at ISO 100 and it works quite well. Ive gotten pretty used to it am very happy with it.

Havent tried the 400 yet but would like to.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    I use the Ultrafine ISO 125 almost exclusively. if reacts to developers, looks, and feels, just like FP4. I shoot it at ISO 100 and it works quite well. Ive gotten pretty used to it am very happy with it.

Havent tried the 400 yet but would like to.
    Photo Warehouse has sold 400 speed sheet film before, although it has been a few years. At the time, it looked, smelled and worked just like HP5. It'll be interesting to find out if this stuff is the "new" HP5 emulsion that Ilford (RIP) sells or an older batch.

Kerik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Has any one used Ultrafine 400 since then?

Hi,

I am just curious to know if anyone has tried Ultrafine film from Photowarehouse or not.

I just ordered a pack of 8x10, and will give it a try.

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

<http://ultrafineonline.com>

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin