Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,440   Online: 920

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting is the point of view for Fomafoto (APUG PARTNER) in this case. They are selling a lot of Foma products (only). Maybe we have to contact them again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I processed a bunch of Arista 400 4x5 in D23. Terrific negative, came up with beautiful prints.
    For that price it's a no brainer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Fomapan 400 fine, but I didn't really see anything about it that made my eyes pop from the few rolls I've shot. In PC-TEA 1+50 (similar to Xtol 1+2 in most respects) it seems like an "honest" 400. Good inexpensive film, but unlike the slower Foma films it didn't strike me as having a pronounced unique character.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have used it in 35 and have had problems with scratching. The tone is wonderful but the grain is much more pronounced than the current TriX. A good film, but I won't use it again because of the scratching.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have done about 5 rolls of Foma 400 in 35mm. It came out ok for me in D-76 but I left it in HC110 for an extra 30 seconds by mistake and it came out severely overdeveloped. You could barely see through the edges. I even refixed to see if that would help.

I have read that HC110 is not recommended and I won't use it again for Fomapan.

I am at the beginner level and so far have not been happy with Foma 400. Tri-X and Plus-X have been better for me.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Arista is the exclusive USA brand for low cost Fomapan films in the USA only.

In Europe Foma is selling under their own brand for regular prices. For special formats there is of course a minimum quantity which is for us in the Netherlands whisteful thinking .........

best regards,

Robert

(Dutch Foma distributor)
    Fomafoto in Norway is selling 5x7 and 8x10 it seems.
    http://www.fomafoto.com/index.php?pa...chk=1&Itemid=1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 9x12cm, 4x5`and 8x10` on stock. 5x7` is very very rare in Holland.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've enjoyed playing with Foma in 100 speed (Sorry, Mike!) in 35mm. Cheap, fun. Grainier than most contemporary films. I've done a few rolls of 400 in 120 but I'll be damned if I remember much of anything except that blue backing and the curl!

If you're shooting 35mm, why not Arista Premium? Cheap Plux-X and Tri-X.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...pan_400_en.pdf

I'll be damned if I remember much of anything except that blue backing and the curl!
    All Fomapan 120 roll film assembly is on Polyester base which curls more and have the Blue tint which you can not wash out. It's a part of the A.H. layer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I bought a package of Fomapan 400 4x5, to try it out. I have HC-110 and Xtol available... which developer should I use, and what is the maximum ISO I can get?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin