Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,617   Online: 678

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The RC Myth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron
    ... a digital mentality perhaps?... leave no trace?
    Hush your mouth and wash it out with soap, there are children present

Shooter
    Medium Format
    HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa a a a a a a

I'll shoot film even if I have to make my own!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron
    HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa a a a a a a

I'll shoot film even if I have to make my own!
    With you on that one, in fact I'll even share the work LOL

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Assuming the same image is printed equally well on both products of an equal finish, it is almost impossible to tell which medium is providing the support without physical help. Further if the finished print is displayed behind glass then it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell which type of paper was used.
    To my eye, there is a noticeable difference betwee RC and FB prints. I've used a lot of RC and have some still hanging on the wall. But to me, FB gave much more subtle detail and tone variations. Once I started printing on FB, I noticed things in my prints that I hadn't seen before. Over a period of two years, I've weened myself completely off of RC. There got to be just too much of a difference in the two that test prints done on RC just didn't do it for me anymore.

Another myth is the one that says single weight is a PIA. So what if it curls after drying. Its actually easier to flatten than double weight is.

RC does a great job and no one should be belittled for using it. Its all a matter of how one sees things.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Another myth is the one that says single weight is a PIA. So what if it curls after drying. Its actually easier to flatten than double weight is.
    Alex, too true. And you know I was a DW defender. I cannot see myself ever wanting DW again. Talk about doing a 180.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty much like everyone has said previously... it depends on the application. To me there is a difference... when I make a print on Oriental RC (which in my opinion is the finest RC paper) it still doesn't look as good as a mediocre print on nice FB paper (Oriental also happens to be my favorite FB paper). So there you go, RC does look nice... but not AS nice. This is one of those arguments that could go one for a lifetime and never be solved... each paper has it's strenghts and weaknesses, which is why there is both. -Grant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    Alex, too true. And you know I was a DW defender. I cannot see myself ever wanting DW again. Talk about doing a 180.
    Thanks Francesco. I think that the possible unintentional originator of the DW myth may have been Ansel Adams; simply by writing in his book "The Print" that he preferred double weight. "So sayeth Ansel, so must we doeth".
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi,
    I have noticed reference to single weight paper. Kodak has DISCONTINUED
    SW Polymax fiber paper. Soon the only thing they will have is discontinued
    products list !.

Jennifer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Hi,
    I have noticed reference to single weight paper. Kodak has DISCONTINUED
    SW Polymax fiber paper. Soon the only thing they will have is discontinued
    products list !. Jennifer
    The Dirty So-and-So's!!! Where did you find that out Jennifer? Why don't they just burn down their analog factory and quit torturing us!!!
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi,
    I called Kodak the other day, to express my concern on could I count on them to keep making film, paper. I mentioned polymax and the guy said "SW"
    is out the door, as they say. I had considered SW myself, but had a feeling that would get the axe. Makes you wonder about the future of AZO, as that is a SW paper. Every time I see another product vanish, the more I really hate digital. I'd rather die and go to hel*, than buy a digital imaging device.
    It's a device...real cameras use film.

Jennifer

The digital darkroom......what safelight would one use ?.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin