Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,694   Online: 1172

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Don't bother with the .xls file, it won't work on openoffice as posted because of differences in syntax. The .ods file only contains modifications to correct for the syntax differences between openoffice and excel. If you want to look at the .xls file contents, you could probably just re-save it under a new name and then load, look at, and modify it. If it's really an OS file permissions issue (not just openoffice preventing you from losing data by editing something in .xls that openoffice doesn't deal with correctly), then just right click on the file in the file browser (Nautilus by default) and then click on Properties, then the Permissions tab in the window that opens and give it the read/write/execute permissions you wish it to have. You may need to enter your root password to change permissions.

Lee
    OK, I think I stay at .ODS file. Thank You for an advice!

Regards
    Esko

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do people see as need for this spreadsheet to also work for 21-step tablets?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Do people see as need for this spreadsheet to also work for 21-step tablets?
    Perhaps, but I don't. I had no step table, so I ordered the proper one and your book.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael

Thanks for your support. I prefer the 31-step version, because it gives more data points, and hence, smoother curves. However, some 35mm workers have trouble reading the thin bars with their densitometers and prefer the wider 21 steps. On the other hand, they could use their enlargers and their enlarging meter if it provides a density function.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Michael

Thanks for your support. I prefer the 31-step version, because it gives more data points, and hence, smoother curves. However, some 35mm workers have trouble reading the thin bars with their densitometers and prefer the wider 21 steps. On the other hand, they could use their enlargers and their enlarging meter if it provides a density function.
    I use the Darkroom Automation Enlarging Meter for this purpose. It works very well as a baseboard densitometer, reading in stops with repeatability of about 0.02 stops in my experience. That's 0.006 optical density units. Overkill for a film curve, and less expensive than a decent used densitometer. I use a spreadsheet and type in the stops and let the spreadsheet convert to optical density (simply multiply by 0.3), calculate and subtract fb+f from a 'clear' area of the film, and draw the film curve.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee

I have changed the spreadsheet to flexibly work with 21 and 31-step tablets. I will only make it available if their is a strong interest, because I cannot expect you to constantly follow with open-office modifications. I'm sure you have better things to do.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 21 step tablet so I am very interested

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will send an update soon. The new version will do 21 and 31-step tablets and will work with Open Office without depending on Lee's very much appreciated help. Should be ready by mid next week when the instruction are ready as well.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm impatient for the new version, using 21 step tablet and OpenOffice.
    Thank you very much Ralph and Lee for yours efforts.
    Regards
    Diego Ranieri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you very much Ralph!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin