Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,445   Online: 818

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Quick T-max Dev Question

This is paranoia speaking....

I mixed up some Tmax developer about five hours ago (diluted 1+4) and then got pulled away and couldn't use it. It's been covered tightly and left at room temp. Think it's still OK? I'd probably just toss it and start over, but I'm nearly out and need all of it I can to get through a backlog of film tonight. I'm several hours behind schedule at this point. Yuck.

Your thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should be fine. A day is probably too long to leave it, but in five hours it's not going to "go off".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Cheryl, I used to use this stuff exclusively because it's convenient. I know the stock solution has good storage life. I don't remember reading on the bottle that the working solutionhad a precariously short life. I never let it set though. If it was me I'd stir it up and go for it. If I was a pro with valuable negs I'd prolly mix up some new stuff, then perform a test on disposable negs. If I remember right this stuff was pretty cheap at 1:4. Let us know what happens.
    The Rat

Oh yeah, luv the avatar. Can I get an 8X10 glossy?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the help guys!

Rat, actually this avatar is the cropped version.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin