Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 827

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On a slightly unrelated subject (tangential to the "triple-weight") - does anyone make single-weight FB paper anymore? Back in the beginning, paper was a lot thinner than today - most albumen prints were made on paper no thicker than modern copy paper.

when I started with darkroom work I used AGFA Brovira in single weight only. Now it seems all makers want to sell cardboard, which is a lot more difficult to get flat! I want an emulsion like Forte polywarmtone - or Fortezo Museum - but on half-weight paper!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kentmere might. Some of their paper feels lightweight in comparison with others they make.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    On a slightly unrelated subject (tangential to the "triple-weight") - does anyone make single-weight FB paper anymore? Back in the beginning, paper was a lot thinner than today - most albumen prints were made on paper no thicker than modern copy paper.

when I started with darkroom work I used AGFA Brovira in single weight only. Now it seems all makers want to sell cardboard, which is a lot more difficult to get flat! I want an emulsion like Forte polywarmtone - or Fortezo Museum - but on half-weight paper!
    That is just one of the reasons I like Azo!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the tone of Agfa Multicontrast Classic FB paper. It's not Forte but it is an "ivory" colour. And while the future is questionable, it is currently easy to find.
    Sorry can't help you with the Forte.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin