Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,486   Posts: 1,571,305   Online: 774

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lith Paper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find that Oriental doesn't work too well. I did not have results I was thrilled with using Emaks either, though it does work. Portriga Rapid is my favorite that I have found so far. You have to track it down, though, as it has not been made for a while. Personally, I find it hard to spend money on brand new paper for lith printing, as the old stuff is so darned cheap (or free), and I generally like the way it looks better anyhow.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F, I've used Oriental that has to be 20 30 years old and it worked fine for old paper,I'll bring a photo to Tonopah for you to check it out.

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Do you guys find most of your discontinued paper on Ebay?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, Mike. The Oriental I tried is the new VC stuff. I'd love to see yer pic with the old stuff. I think I have a few pieces in the fridge myself.

I have got all my old paper around town for free or close to it, though if I was tracking down something specific I'd try E-Bay.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven't tried the new VC stuff, I have enough of the older paper around for Lith now I'm glad I did not throw it away. Like to use the new paper for traditional printing.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using Maco Multibrom when I want less colour. I bought a couple of boxes a few years ago. Knowing the Maco/Rollei folks, it probably has a different name now, possibly a different formulation, and no straight answers to be found.
    When I first started lithing I was getting some nice pewter coloured stuff on Agfa MCP RC.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Here's one example of an old oriental seagull print: http://www.flickr.com/photos/po-pad/332873305/

Any idea on whether the Oriental Seagull New G3 works?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thats the classic look that I so miss, All or most of Anton Corbjin's work printed by the great printer Mike Spry was on this paper.
    I stopped using Oriental after they changed the emulsion, that look is very hard to find with the new papers.
    I tried Slavich 4 and got some great results btw .

Quote Originally Posted by robertmgray View Post
    Here's one example of an old oriental seagull print: http://www.flickr.com/photos/po-pad/332873305/

Any idea on whether the Oriental Seagull New G3 works?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    beautiful lith print ... I agree that for entry in to lith and the begin learning the vast permeations of the process Foma papers are a great starting place. If you happen across some Fortezo paper it too is wonderful for lith. I am quite hopeful based on Wolfgang Moersch's review of the new paper from Harman/Ilford that we may son have a new "winner" on the way ....
    Miles :
    cherish light

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The new paper is an Ilford Warmtone Emulsion on textured stock provided by Hannamuhle, it does lith wonderful, as well solarizes well.
    some people have trouble with Ilford Warmtone, secret is the snatch point , pull early.

Quote Originally Posted by MVNelson View Post
    beautiful lith print ... I agree that for entry in to lith and the begin learning the vast permeations of the process Foma papers are a great starting place. If you happen across some Fortezo paper it too is wonderful for lith. I am quite hopeful based on Wolfgang Moersch's review of the new paper from Harman/Ilford that we may son have a new "winner" on the way ....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin