Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,076   Online: 952

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lith Paper

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought some LD20 recently, so I'm excited to try my hand at Lith printing! Has anyone tried Kentmere FB VC? Any recommendations? I also have loads of old Portriga, Oriental, Ilford FB... all like the earlier posted mentioned acquired from printers closing their darkrooms.

I have a whole bunch of Portriga early 8x10 grade 1, 2 and 3 paper that I'd be willing to sell if the price is right.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kentmere FB VC (neutral) doesn't lith, but the warmtone version does. As a rule of thumb, is it is a warmtone paper, it will lith. If it is a neutral tone, it may or may not. Ilford VC neutral doesn't lith, but Slavich and Fomabrom VC do. I have some ancient Kodak Polycontrast that also seems to lith. Basically, I'd recommend learning on something you know works then branch out. Otherwise you won't know if it is your technique or the paper if you have problems.
    Last edited by Mark Fisher; 01-16-2011 at 09:11 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: more info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was reading http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Lith2/lith2.html. Here Tim says Kentmere fineprint VC liths... is this an older formulation of the current Kentmere paper?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    I was reading http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Lith2/lith2.html. Here Tim says Kentmere fineprint VC liths... is this an older formulation of the current Kentmere paper?
    I believe the Fineprint is the warm version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    I bought some LD20 recently, so I'm excited to try my hand at Lith printing! Has anyone tried Kentmere FB VC? Any recommendations? I also have loads of old Portriga, Oriental, Ilford FB... all like the earlier posted mentioned acquired from printers closing their darkrooms.

I have a whole bunch of Portriga early 8x10 grade 1, 2 and 3 paper that I'd be willing to sell if the price is right.
    If you want to try lith printing, I'd really suggest trying the Portriga that you have. You may not want to sell it after all.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The paper I have is definitely cold, and has written on the back "Fineprint VC" Once the LD20 arrives I'll give the Kentmere a try and report back. I have loads of it

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Apparently Adox nuance is a good choice too. I might look into Carbon toning Fomatone as well, it looks like a great way to neutralize the strong colors and keep the great characteristics of Fomatone. Look at the example here: http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/co...en/130/lang:en

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin