Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,469   Online: 1122

Shooter
    35mm RF

Kentmere 400 push in Tmax developer?

Hi everyone

I have been trying to find some times for Kentmere 400 exposed at 3200, but I haven't been able to find anything.

The only developer I have handy is Tmax and I really want to get this film developed ASAP.

Does anyone have experience with this speed for Kentmere 400?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because it's a budget film it's unlikely have the same characteristics push processed to 3200 EI as HP5 or Tri-X, and Ilford (Kentmere) only give times for 800 EI.

Looking at the data sheets for HP5 in Tmax dev, and then the Kentmere 400 sheet a good starting point would be 14-15 minutes at 20ºC, but don't expect too much

Welcome to APUG BTW.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, Ian

I am hoping that at the very least I will get some usable images...

I don't really like it all that much even at 400... But I happened to buy a pack of 10 and this is the last roll!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Your film is three stops underexposed, plus whatever foul exposure your meter added for you, if you used an in-camera meter. No point being exact about it at that point. Just push the heck out of it and see what you get. I'd just take a stab with 200 or 250 percent of the normal time. If you happen to have shot the film in contrasty lighting, I'd say to just do 150 percent so you don't blast whatever did get exposed so badly that the negs are unprintably high in contrast
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin