Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,641   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried this combo on a 120/645 test a few years ago...Once! It didn't seem like a good pairing. I got an EI of 640 at 16 minutes with my equipment and techniques and from past patterns of mine, I'd guess others would be pleased enough at 800, though. I think that you might need to use a developer more suited to the task (though I'm a big PyroCat fan [settled on the MC variant] and use it almost exclusively on other films). I've had my best luck with Xtol 1:1 on Delta 3200 and would nudge you in that direction....
    Craig Schroeder

Herb -

I followed Sandy King's regimen for the divided development. Solution A and B diluted separately, 1:10 with water, 75 degrees F. 5 minute presoak in 75 degree water, 6 minutes in each solution. I was shooting in a variety of lighting situations at an evening street fair, so going with the divided developer was a good way for me to get the best average negatives. I think Craig Shroeder's advice to try X-tol 1:1 would be a good way to go as well. T-Max developer is another good choice for this film and T-Max 3200. The long tonal scale needs a developer with some oomph to get the right contrast. That's why, in hindsight, I might have used Pyrocat-HD 1:1:100 with a normal agitation scheme instead of divided. My negs are good, but a bit flat.

Peter Gomena

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's what I did following the advice gleaned from Unblinking Eye- 60 mins semistand diluted 1+200 and rated at 1250/1600. Might try doubling the B solution to add some more alkaline oomph actually.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Delta 3200 development

I had a bag of xtol. I had never mixed it, but had the idea to try it-lo and behold, worked like a champ stock, 9 min agitation every 30 sec. Half the roll shot at 800 and half at 1600 film is drying. Negs are good, a bit early to definitively decide about time/speed etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin