Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,548,996   Online: 820

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodacolor II from 1975

I am currently in possession of some 616 and 127 Kodacolor II film, probably from the mid seventies, if all information is correct. Anyone have any idea about start times and temps for developing these films? I understand that regular C41 processing is out of the question, so how long should I push films that are this old in regular black and white developers? I currently use Caffinol-C-L, Tmax and Acufine Developers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't help with the developers you have, but I've developed Kodacolor II in Diafine and was able to pull images from it. There's an inky dye that will still be on the film after processing, but it rubs off easily with slight finger pressure while rinsing.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Reid.
    Any idea what time/temp you used for that Diafine? i can always order some. I've kind of been leaning towards diafine for 120mm dev anyway....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    *bump

I agree that a divided developer like Diafine might do good things for you here. I accidentally processed a roll of color film in divided Pyrocat-HD last summer, and it produced a surprisingly strong image. I used an (unmentionable in this forum) form of imagemaking to reproduce it, but it made a pretty darned good print.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think i use that unmentionable form of image-making as well...it comes from not owning an enlarger. Thanks peter, i'll keep this in mind as i continue data mining.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Kodacolor II was the very first C-41 film. Any mini-lab that is willing/able to process 120 film can process 127 film. They can't scan it, but they can process it.

For the 616 film, you will need to find a lab with a dip & dunk C-41 line, and they will probably need to cut the strip of film once because of the length.

Note that the modern process with no Formaldehyde in the stabilizer will result in the color dyes not being stable in the long term. (That's the case with any C-41 film from before 2000.)

Either one could do a 1 stop push, but if you're going to scan it yourself, it's not essential.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that last bit of info...I'll try to find some starting times for acufine...im having a rough go of it. I was hoping that since acufine was used extensively in the Seventies, that there might be a wealth of information...guess i'll stick it in for 10 min at 22c and pray.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for the slow reply. I think that when I developed mine in Diafine, I did five or six minutes in each bath. It doesn't really matter since it develops to completion anyway, but I figured a few extra minutes wouldn't hurt.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info, Reid. I've got a batch of Diafine on the way. Gonna give it a go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin