Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,586   Online: 1077

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There it is, frotog proves that it can be used as a Panalure type paper, no?

I'm sure Simon is somewhat obligated to give recommendations that match the company line, as well as suggestions that will ensure success. I'm not surprised that he says to not use it under the enlarger... McDonald's doesn't tell you that their trays make excellent snow sleds.

About how much control would you say is possible with Ansco 120?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Holmburgers,

You are absolutely correct in that I am obliged to tell our end users what we know about the design, application, and the use of the product, this is so our products meet or exceed the customers expectation in the application for which they are designed and not fall short of it when being used in another application.

I very rarely do so as experimentation is surely one of the great advantages of analog photography in that creativity often comes from using product A for effect B for which A was not designed and effect B was ( on occasion ) never envisaged, also within the APUG community we have some real experts who's skill, knowledge and creativity are readily shared to help others, its one of the key reasons we ( amongst others ) in a modest way help support APUG. To me it all helps to enhance and continue to take analog photography forward.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Simon,

And hopefully, APUG's greatest contribution can be to give working knowledge on how to successfully utilize materials for un-intended purposes, with pleasing & useful results.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I can say that this paper version fiber , meets and exceeds this customers expectation in the application for which it was designed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I can say that this paper version fiber , meets and exceeds this customers expectation in the application for which it was designed.
    Hear, hear, Bob! But what's news is that both versions of this paper (same emulsion as far as I can tell) work for an application for which it was not designed, exceedingly well I might add. Not at all surprising either as the discrepancy between the nature of the beast and what comes out of the horse's mouth often comes down to marketing.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think the rc emulsion is based on multigrade , and the fibre is based on galerie G4 with an extended red sensitivity.
    Harmon would be the go to people as far as exactly what emulsion is what.

Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Hear, hear, Bob! But what's news is that both versions of this paper (same emulsion as far as I can tell) work for an application for which it was not designed, exceedingly well I might add. Not at all surprising either as the discrepancy between the nature of the beast and what comes out of the horse's mouth often comes down to marketing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To anyone interested, I started a little blog on my website specifically for my experiments with paper negatives. When I receive that paper that Frotog is sending me I'll post the details and results of using it as an in-camera negative there (I'll also post here most likely). This is the link to the blog. Also, the whole reason I'm doing it is to be able to have readers look at my work and offer any advice or wisdom. Perhaps I might miss something or test for something unnecessary and a reader might be able to spot that and help me out. Gotta make use of this tool that is the internet! If you follow along with the experiments please contact me with any advice or comments, either by posting comments directly to the blog post or by email.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Bob Carnie and Frotog,
    Hello. I am new to this website and came across this forum recently. I know this post is a year old, but do either of you still have any of the Ilfospeed digital paper you're willing to part with? I'd like to try my hand at COLOR solarographs, but I need something that responds to red. Have there been any followups to this thread, and have any other sources of red-sensitive papers been found?

Thanks.

Dan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I have four 30 inch rolls by 100ft that I purchased when the paper was first released, I give no garuntees (sp) that it is A OK and would be willing to sell by the roll.

Quote Originally Posted by danube View Post
    Bob Carnie and Frotog,
    Hello. I am new to this website and came across this forum recently. I know this post is a year old, but do either of you still have any of the Ilfospeed digital paper you're willing to part with? I'd like to try my hand at COLOR solarographs, but I need something that responds to red. Have there been any followups to this thread, and have any other sources of red-sensitive papers been found?

Thanks.

Dan

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I would like to use it for long exposure pinhole photography, so a 100% guarantee may not be necessary as long as it's nominally still white.

I guess the two questions I have are 1) will this paper display an image if "printed out" in daylight and 2) is the surface a matt variety, not glossy?

Please let me know.

Dan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin