Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,468   Online: 1096

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The paper I have says pearl on the box and its been a few years since I have ran this stock so I cannot comment, Simon at Ilford would have a better answer on its surface.
    I have no idea about your first question.
    sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by danube View Post
    Hi, and thanks for the reply.

I would like to use it for long exposure pinhole photography, so a 100% guarantee may not be necessary as long as it's nominally still white.

I guess the two questions I have are 1) will this paper display an image if "printed out" in daylight and 2) is the surface a matt variety, not glossy?

Please let me know.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Product available in GLOSS and PEARL surfaces:

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be tentatively interested in getting some of that paper, maybe to help defer some of your expense danube?

By some I mean no more than an amount roughly equivalent to a box of 25 8x10's, but I realize it's in rolls and that certainly does add some hassle, and my interest doesn't represent a substantial proportion of the roll.

IDK... there are a couple things that would be interesting to test this paper for. Namely it's suitability for carbro, and then generally how it responds to color negatives. One can imagine where I'm going with this....

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    The paper I have says pearl on the box and its been a few years since I have ran this stock so I cannot comment, Simon at Ilford would have a better answer on its surface.
    I have no idea about your first question.
    sorry.
    Hi folks,

Simon: Could you shed some light on my first question, namely, will Ilfospeed digital "print out" in direct sunlight in a similar fashion to Ilford MG IV?
    (on a related note, does anyone know of a COLOR paper that will do this, perhaps with some color information left in the image?)
    ...and on this sad day for the photo industry, many thanks to you and Ilford for making what Kodak no longer does and keeping our hobbies and professions alive!

Bob: Thanks, pearl would work. I think pearl is what I am using now. How much would you part with a roll for, and what does it weigh?

Holmburgers: I'm going to have to figure out how to slice it up myself into 8x10s or smaller without losing fingers or limbs, so no problem cutting some down, but I might ask you to send me some surplus 8x10 print paper boxes if you have.

Thanks.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the consideration Dan, keep me updated if you end up going that route.

It'll be interesting to see what Simon says, but any silver-halide material should exhibit some kind of printing out effect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin