Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,870   Online: 1148
      
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Fragomeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    519

    Ilford Ilfospeed RC Digital Paper

    Has anyone had success using Ilford Ilfospeed RC Digital paper as an in-camera paper negative? The paper is panchromatic and would therefore provide a sensitivity to the full color spectrum rather then insensitivity to red, low sensitivity to green, and high sensitivity to blue light as typical enlarging papers do. Im wondering if this paper functions similarly to regular B&W paper i.e. can it be developed in regular paper developer? It seems that the only difference would be that you cant use it under a safe light. Any experience with this stuff here? Thank you.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

  2. #2
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,662
    Images
    14
    Never tried it for making In Camera Paper negs.

    I have used it for its intended purpose, as well as the fibre variation.
    I have tons of the RC I would sell to anyone, been sitting around for about 4years so I cannot speak for its condition, I would have to run some to make sure its still good. I have three not opened 30inch x 100ft rolls and 3/4 of the same.
    I would only sell as full rolls.
    ISO is around 10-25 Harmon could give you better numbers.


    You are right , any developer is ok with this paper , I use Dektol and Ilford multigrade developer, stop , fix hypo clear toning the same.
    You do have to process without safe light , it has been no problem for use.
    We first used Agfa Classic then the Harmon and we will try Adox.
    Being able to work in safelight would be helpful but not necessary.

    BTW I have never used it for analogue colour negatives , but its not a stretch to imagine it would work , as RGB laser exposure works fine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Has anyone had success using Ilford Ilfospeed RC Digital paper as an in-camera paper negative? The paper is panchromatic and would therefore provide a sensitivity to the full color spectrum rather then insensitivity to red, low sensitivity to green, and high sensitivity to blue light as typical enlarging papers do. Im wondering if this paper functions similarly to regular B&W paper i.e. can it be developed in regular paper developer? It seems that the only difference would be that you cant use it under a safe light. Any experience with this stuff here? Thank you.

  3. #3
    Fragomeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    519
    Do you know if this paper can be exposed in the same way that normal enlarging paper can be (except without safelight obviously)? I'm wondering what it's exposure sensitivity would be in a regular enlarger rather then a digital laser enlarger. I would assume that a digital laser enlarger outputs significantly more light at a higher intensity. Is this true or do they output the same kind of light as a regular enlarger?

    Also, what would you be asking for a roll of your old stuff assuming it works?
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Posts
    16,412
    Blog Entries
    2
    bob

    could it be developed by inspection with a green safelight ?

    thanks !
    john

  5. #5
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,662
    Images
    14
    Kodak, Fuji and Ilford all had to speed / changer the sensitivity of the emulsions to work on Laser or Led exposing units, like the Lambda, Lightjet or Chromira.
    so my guess is enlarger exposure is stronger or about the same.
    When I was doing all analoque printing I found the colour papers much slower, Putting in colour paper using an enlarger is much faster today.
    As I said I never exposed the paper in a regular enlarger but Yes it will work, its a light sensitive emulsion.
    Probably about 200 per roll but shipping may be a problem or an added cost.
    Seriously if I sell it would be as is other than I would check the opened roll to see how it is and if it is good I would assume the rest is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Do you know if this paper can be exposed in the same way that normal enlarging paper can be (except without safelight obviously)? I'm wondering what it's exposure sensitivity would be in a regular enlarger rather then a digital laser enlarger. I would assume that a digital laser enlarger outputs significantly more light at a higher intensity. Is this true or do they output the same kind of light as a regular enlarger?

    Also, what would you be asking for a roll of your old stuff assuming it works?

  6. #6
    Bob Carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto-Ontario
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Posts
    4,662
    Images
    14
    I don't think so John , but really not sure. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    bob

    could it be developed by inspection with a green safelight ?

    thanks !
    john

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    third stone from the sun
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    723
    I've used rolls of both the ilfospeed digital RC and fiberbased under an enlarger with excellent results. The speed is about the same as MG IV. You need to work in pitch darkness - no safelight. Contrast is approx. grade 3-1/2 to 4. 52"x 98' rolls of this stuff seem to be the best kept secret on Ebay with prices as low as $50! I bought three rolls at that price. The seller had another 82 rolls. At the time I purchased, the seller's stock had been up on the auction site for several weeks. I was the first person to buy. Kind of nuts considering the retail price of $800. If anyone wants some cut down to smaller sheets to experiment with, PM me.

  8. #8
    Fragomeni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    519
    frotog, I'm pm you so I can run some tests on this stuff.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

  9. #9
    David William White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,182
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    32
    Bob & frotog: Is the backside of this paper free from logo or suchlike?
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

    Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    third stone from the sun
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    723
    Hi, David,

    No logos on backside.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin