Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,925   Posts: 1,522,116   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ran a thread about the tankless heater. Yes, my darkroom tap would not draw enough flow to activate it.

I subsequently bought a 2.5 gallon electric heater. Seemed simple enough to install, sort of like hooking up garden hoses. It leaked at every junction until a plumber was brought in. My cold water tap puts out 50f in the winter, and the electric heater can't maintain constant temp for wash times. I suppose it will be more consistent as the weather gets a little better.

In retrospect, I would get a 5 gallon tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Flow rate can be a problem with these things. The tankless electric heaters come in different power ratings and either a high flow version or a low flow version. Matching the correct unit for a given flow rate can be tricky but it is possible. The high flow rate units do not "kick on" unless there is enough flow. The low flow rate units do not have enough power for high flows. A 12 gallon water heater can be a good compromise. Sometimes a six gallon water heater will have a poor "recovery". If you want to go the water heater route, get something that takes 240 volt input. If you want to have a more consistent temperature, you could get a simple thermostatic mixing valve to mount just before the supplies to the faucet.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin