Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,997   Posts: 1,524,292   Online: 872

Shooter
    Large Format

Quick question about Hutchings Book Of Pyro

Does this book cover pyro formulas other than Gordon's PMK? I use rollo pyro in Jobo drums so would this book be of benefit?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Book of Pyro basically just discusses PMK. PMK was the first of the modern pyro formulas, and things like Rollo Pyro were yet to come. There is a short appendix which gives the formulas for Weston's version of ABC Pyro and Wimberley's W2D2, but nothing else. The book does have excellent discussions of the rationale for pyro development, the characteristics of pyro developers in general and of negatives developed in pyro, and of the problems that may be encountered with PMK and other pyro developers. Although it does not address your specific situation, the book contains enough general information to possibly be quite useful to you.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks for that. Sounds like something that I don't really need, already being a Pyro believer....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Are you looking for some specific information? There are a lot of Rollo Pyro users here including myself who may or may not be able to help.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    No, nothing specific John. I get good results with Rollo but am aware there are many more formulas. Thought it might be worth broadening my knowledge in that area but probably not as I'm not keen to develop in trays...

J

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin