Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,208   Online: 850

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Photo Techniques evaluated the new emulsions with several developers and suggested that you first try them with NO CHANGE to your development times.

They did development tests to try to match the same contrast index as with the old films to come to this conculsion.

Charlie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

It's the old stuff

Thanks to all who tried to help. I was able to make a positive ID on the film.

Cheers!

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I shot old trix in Mexico with Jorge and my development times are 6 min with HC110 dil be 68f. I expose at about 160 ei. This is 8x10 film.

lee\c

Lee,

That is fairly close to my densitometric tests of old TriX with HC110 (B). The times I have is six minutes 15 seconds for N development at 70degrees F.
    This provided a Zone VIII density of 1.25 above FB plus fog.

This will not be enough density for anything other then enlarging, however. Even Azo Grade three will accomodate a density range (high density minus low density) of 1.35. That would equate to a Zone VIII density of 1.45-1.50 above film base plus fog using the typical Zone System method of expression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin