Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,818   Online: 856

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Film developing EMERGENCY!!!!!

Hi,

I just developed a roll of delta 400 35mm but the base has not cleared . I have dunked an hp5 plus leader in the fixer and it cleared in about 20 seconds and the fixer is not therefore at fault. It has been in fixer for 20 mins now and it aint budging!!!!!!!!! Can I do anything? ANyone come across this before???Faulty film??

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes put it in Kodak Hypo clearing agent for a minute and wash it again. Should also work after some days if I remember correctly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I'll try that. It looks like it has not been thru any chemistry at all apart from if you hold it to light you can see the images buried within the emulsion which just aint coming off. Whay does this happen?

Tom

Images
    Describe your process from the beginning. What developer, temperature, time. It's hard to tell what went wrong if we don't know what was supposed to go right.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    21 degrees, Aculux2, 11 mins, 1 min stop bath, 5 mins in Hypam 1+4. All normal stuff. The image is clearly developed and visible through the base when held up to a bright light, but the base is still there, brown and not budging as if no fixer were used. Hoewever, when I took and HP5 plus leader and placed it in the same fixer it cleared in 20s. This is so weird!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a roll of HP5 (developed at a lab) that has a dark brown base. It prints OK though the times are quite long. The negs are over 15yrs old so don't think its a fixer problem.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the base is almost opaque. It wont print in a million years as it is unfortunately. It looks like it is headed for the bin. Annoying as it looks to be the second faulty film I have ever had. When fixed, the base should clear, even if I had put fix/stop etc in first....it should always clear and it isnt. I have use the exact same chems for other negs recently. I'm not a happy bunny. The other faulty fim was also Ilford (FP4 plus in 5x4 ) which was scratched before exposure and development. I sent it to Ilford to show them and never heard back from them....hmmmm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you tried a fresh fix batch mixed double strength?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might have dichoric fog, have you try rubbing the back of the negative with a sponge and water? if you do rub it and it comes off then it is dichoric fog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll try 1+1 fix. I dont think it is dishroic fog as the emulsion is still basically opaque. Looking at the emulsion side without a light source behind the film, It still looks liken the film has not even been thru chemistry. The emulsion is still all opaque and soft as you would expect! Held up to light it is only 90% opaque. The problem is emulsion side. I can see the images, frame numbers etc underneath....the rest of the emulsion, which the fixer just cannot clear.

Did ilford upgrade delta 400 to New Delta 400 by the addition of superglue?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin