Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,686   Posts: 1,548,610   Online: 1331

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    Good Morning, Don,

I probably should get a 4 x 5 film washer, but haven't yet done so.

I use a Kodak tray siphon and the same 20 x 24 tray I use for RC prints. I have two plastic "film hangers" purchased from Calumet many years ago. Each one holds four sheets of 4 x 5 securely and allows circulation to the base side of the film. I don't know who made these devices, but they are, apparently, no longer available. When they were being sold, I believe they could be had for 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 also. Since I ordinarily process four sheets at a time in a Beseler drum, the system works out fine.

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use hangers and tanks to develop my film, so I just wash them in the hangers. I have flexible latex tubing at various drop points in my sinks, so I just stick one of those into the tank, and use the hangers to hold it in place. Let it sit for a few minutes, then dump the tank, and let it fill again. Do that about 5 or so times, quick rinse in some photo-flo, and they get hung up to dry. Simple, works well.

I remember seeing a film washer at Barnbaum's workshop - I *think* it was a GravityWorks film washer. Had some (6?) slots for 4x5 film, and it used a siphon to drain the tank once it filled up. It was tall enough that you could just drop the hangers into the top of the washer without removing the film from the hangers.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    As the hurricane blew my front porch full of water last night, I tried hanging a couple of negatives on a line. The wind blew the negatives parallel to the rain so they were not drenched by the water. Oh, well.

I develop in PVC tubes placed in a bucket. I keep the film in the tubes from presoak through final wash with the final wash being in a five-gallon bucket as Frank does.

BTW, it looks as though my block is the only one in the state that still has power.
    juan
    Good to hear things are relatively OK there Juan. From the news clips we've seen, that looks like quite a storm. best wishes, john.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gravity Works washer. I just love to watch it fill and dump. It is a work of art.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomHarrop
    Gravity Works washer. I just love to watch it fill and dump. It is a work of art.
    Yeah, they're pretty neat. As you say, just fun to watch. As much as I used to poke fun at 'gear heads, every now and then they come up with something useful
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I process usually in tubes (but not BTZS tubes) and occasionally in a JOBO 2509 sheet film holder. After processing, I careflly remove from the tubes and place in film hangers and use an old Hollywood 4x5 tank to wash the film with. 10 minutes with a last dunk in distilled water with LFN.

tim in san jose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin