Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,388   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Sheet film washing

Since Frances is busy drenching the poor folks in Florida tonight I thought I would inquire with group about how APUG members wash their sheet film.

Thanks,

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Since Frances is busy drenching the poor folks in Florida tonight I thought I would inquire with group about how APUG members wash their sheet film.

Thanks,

Don Bryant
    This includes all sheetsizes 5x4 and up.

Thanks,

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tray wash all my sheet film (4x5, 5x7 and 8x10) in my slosher trays. This minimizes the film handling required during the entire process. I use multiple water changes, following the Ilford mininmal water procedure. My last wash is in deionized water with a couple drops of low foam wetting agent added.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was so disappointed with my Doran cut-film daylight tank when I used it for the purpose for which it was intended that I nearly threw it out. Then a dim 15 watt bulb went off in my head and, after switching to tray development, realized that it would make a terrific film washer. So that is what I do now....finish fixing the sheets and plop them into the slots on the tank that I've already filled with water. Twelve fills, sloshes, and emptys serve very competently to wash the film thoroughly.
    Last edited by jovo; 09-05-2004 at 11:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i shuffle the film in a tray ( 4x5 - 8x10 ) and fill/dump the tray at least 20 times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I drop mine into a Nova print washer, 2 per slot (8 max). Very convenient because they wash themselves, while I start printing the first batch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My 4x5 sheets get washed by running water through my Jobo spool; the 8x10 sheets soak in a 5 gallon bucket filled with water that I change several times in a period of 30 minutes. Since I use only ammonium thiosulfate based fixer, my wash cycle can actually be shorter than even this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a gravity works 4x5 film washer. Works wonderful! On the really rare occasions that I shoot roll film I can also stack the reels in the washer as well. For 8x10 I use my print washer.
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As the hurricane blew my front porch full of water last night, I tried hanging a couple of negatives on a line. The wind blew the negatives parallel to the rain so they were not drenched by the water. Oh, well.

I develop in PVC tubes placed in a bucket. I keep the film in the tubes from presoak through final wash with the final wash being in a five-gallon bucket as Frank does.

BTW, it looks as though my block is the only one in the state that still has power.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    BTW, it looks as though my block is the only one in the state that still has power.
    juan

My wife and mother-in-law are from Jacksonville. 'Gramma' is staying with us here in NY for a while, and has spent nearly every available moment watching the progress of Frances. We are all relieved to know that north Florida seems to have escaped major damage. Good luck to you, juan.
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin