Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,814   Online: 714

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I want... And a lot... And more... And still more... And
    Congratulations ILFORD
    Jean-Marc "MM"
    Website
    Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can anyone that has tried this paper during it's "testing" phase using lith developers comment on how it behaves and looks (I just started using Moersch SE5) compared to Fomatone MG FB matte?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ymc226 View Post
    Can anyone that has tried this paper during it's "testing" phase using lith developers comment on how it behaves and looks (I just started using Moersch SE5) compared to Fomatone MG FB matte?
    Wolfgang has some lith samples here..http://www.flickr.com/photos/26921666@N05/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Reacts just like Ilford Warmtone in my darkroom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

Yes MULTIGRADE Art 300FB will be available in most of the usual sizes and in rolls as well. We will show the product at FOCUS in the UK in March and some product will be available to purchase. As to the worldwide launch it will be after that date, we will need to make our distributor and reseller partners aware of the ordering schedule and actual roll out and once we have done that, we will let everyone on APUG know as well.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Thank you Simon

Thank you Ilford

I must say it’s a pleasant change to be talking about the introduction of a new material instead of mourning the disappearance of an old one.

I hope the risk and investment pay off

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Reacts just like Ilford Warmtone in my darkroom
    Does that mean that for a beginner in lith printing, that one should not try the new Ilford paper as the directions for the Moersch Lith kit SE5 do not recommend Ilford Warmtone FB MG as a paper to begin with?

I like the results I am getting with Fomatone Warmtone MG FB. Just wondering about the new Ilford Art paper.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well if you like lith like I do , you will need to try Ilford Warmtone sometime.
    It is a myth that it does not lith well , just need to dig into it an pull the print sooner.
    Does that mean that for a beginner in lith printing, that one should not try the new Ilford paper as the directions for the Moersch Lith kit SE5 do not recommend Ilford Warmtone FB MG as a paper to begin with?

I like the results I am getting with Fomatone Warmtone MG FB. Just wondering about the new Ilford Art paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford Warmtone is amazing in lith, very versatile. You can get pictures with fine grain, and with coarse grain. You can get deep blacks and really sparkling highlights. Or not. It depends on what you do with it. It's very malleable.
    However, straight out of the lith bath it usually has a greenish color cast, which some people find a bit off-putting. The saving grace is that a quick bath in selenium takes care of this. It also responds fantastically well to all sorts of toners, which can give you an impressive array of colors and results.

It does take some experimentation and a lot of effort, but once you learn this paper, it's nothing short of incredible. And now we can soon have it in a textured version too!

We are very lucky.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yep - lovely paper. Perhaps a stop slower than the usual MG emulsion but who cares? The thio toned print I made reacted more like the standard FB emulsion rather than warm tone but it will be another 'must have' on the shelf.... may need more shelves at this rate!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any news on when and where will this be available for CONUS consumption?
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin