Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,384   Online: 1159

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format

scale

I use aOhaus triple beam balance, works well, durable, always accurate. Cost 99.00 dollers at the time new.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I work for a scale manufacturer and I get to use my demo stock for free - Sometimes I use an automated batching system that is good to .05g with a capacity of 1kg. (I wrote the program for it) It sure makes it easy to whip out a dozen complete formulas and seal them in plastic bags. It is all industrial grade. The simple scale base and indicator (separate assemblies) would retail for about $1000. They are made here in the U.S. and are stainless steel and very high accuracy - not be confused with asian plastic. So I am spoiled - serious overkill but fun.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mettler is the best bar none.
    But Ohaus or A&D will be fine for our purposes. I recommend you take Mike up on his offer or the web scale store- you don't want to buy anything marketed as for photagraphers- instant markup!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mobtown_4x5
    Mettler is the best bar none.
    But Ohaus or A&D will be fine for our purposes. I recommend you take Mike up on his offer or the web scale store- you don't want to buy anything marketed as for photagraphers- instant markup!
    Mettler is priced like the best - they are not the best except where they have a specific market niche that they dominate. Generally speaking they are less capable and more money for the average application. Just my $.02

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin