Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,676   Online: 884

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Actually I intend to buy much less, 2 rolls à 100 feet (30.5 meters) of each for the beginning :-)

The official price from one dealer is 1.11 Euro per meter incl. our hefty 19% VAT but I guess a mass discount will be possible when purchasing such an amount.

I hope I convert that correctly:

1000 feet = 304.8 meter

304.8 meter * 1.11 Euro per meter = 338.32 Euros

338.32 Euros = $459.59

Without the german 19% VAT that is ca. $368. The 100 ASA version UN54 costs ca. 15% less.

In the Kodak catalogue 1000' of XX cost $351.92, so I guess all these movie films are approximately at the same price level. Shipping costs and taxes make a difference.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would buy 100' of each if I knew who would ship it to me in the US. Andy, good luck with the Project Double-x.

Shooter
    35mm
    There's a guy on photo.net from Mumbai (Subbarayan Prasanna) who gets the ORWO films from a local dealer. He has mentioned he can get 400 ft. and sometimes 100 ft. rolls (probably short ends), in threads such as this.

Not sure if it's economical or practical to have film shipped from India, but it might be worth dropping him a note for further details - might be worth it to get smaller amounts. I think the North American cinema film resellers only sell Kodak, Fuji and possibly Ilford, so I don't think you can get any from them. If I didn't have some 5222 in the freezer already, I'd inquire myself.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    That company has sales offices in other countries. So, for people who want to buy their own rolls there are other choices than having films shipped around the world:

http://www.filmotec.de/?page_id=353&lang=en

I would ship some homemade happy little rolls to people who want to contribute their results and dev times. But I'm not good at being a global mailorder reseller, mainly because I am just an amateur photographer Street photography made me think about film prices...
    Last edited by cmo; 02-07-2011 at 01:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format

ORWO in North America

eh,
    ORWO is available in the US. I would check back on the contact list on the FilmoTec site. Their is a USA and Canada guy now. good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format

reversal development

Hello every body

i have UN 54 orwo films

this film can be developed in reversal
    with orwo formulas and with C4 formulas;

but i don't know if we can develope it with more easy chemicals (liquid ones)

does any body know if something like that is possible?
    thanks a lot and sorry for my english (i am in Paris)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good to see some life in the discussion of the Orwo films. I became interested in this film after coming across the Double X project web site 18 months ago.

Living in Australia and no longer having a cine B&W processor in the country (last one closed in 2009 as the operator was just plain tired of doing the work and his equipment was aging) I decided I need to take up this challenge as I shoot about 1800ft of 16 mm B&W cine film and freight to send to the US and risks of x-ray fogging was mounting. I tried a large lomo tank, but only able to do one 100ft roll at a time after cutting in the middle decided I need to have a machine or mechanical process to speed things up a little.

Not being to sure of which Owro film to go with I took the plunge and purchased UN54 in 400 ft length in both 16 and 35. It arrived only two days ago. These were the least expensive of all the products. 35mm was €81.65 and 16mm was €59.50. I have now shot 4rolls of 135 I will be processing these both as negative and reversal and I'll come back with the results as I get them. Today I am processing 35mm in d76, Xtol and caffenol. If I have time I will reversal process the film tonight.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hear a rumor that Ultrafine online was selling this as one of their store brand films. Can anyone confirm this?

Shooter
    35mm
    Does anybody know how similar these new films are to the NP20 and NP22 films produced by Orwo in the DDR in the '80s? I've still got a stock of these old films in 35mm with a late 80s expiry, but they are still good.........and I rather like them! I have heard that there is a UK distributor for the new stuff (100' rolls), but I'd only be interested if the current films were definite descendants of the old DDR films.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been meaning to get this out but I have recently purchased film from ORWO North America. Easy, helpful, new life to my 35mm that's for sure. Processing was a little questionable at first but only b/c its new, turns out its the same process as Kodak. new life.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin