Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,256   Online: 1005

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.wephota.de/down/wephota/wepr.pdf

They are selling for each meter:

UN54: Eur. 1,00/m
    N74: Eur. 1,11/m

Not very special prices in this way.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK, that's good news for still shooting bulk loaders, but might surprise a movie shooter who expects a 100-foot roll to come on a camera spool. But they'll cope, since they're used to dealing with core-loaded film and can just transfer it to a spare camera spool they have kicking around.

Interestingly, I've been spooling down longer bits of movie film into 100 foot chunks to use in a bulk loader, and I can't quite get a full 100 feet onto one of those cores with the 1" center hole and still get it to fit into my Lloyd's bulk loader. (Maybe the Watson chamber is bigger?) The standard cores used for 100 foot rolls of still film have a smaller diameter (about 1") and so by the time you get 100 feet on it it still fits nicely in the Lloyd's loader...but I can't use those small cores on my split reels so I have to use the bigger ones and just accept that it's only 95 or so feet on the roll.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    The manufacturer Filmotec sells directly, that's where I purchased my rolls. I contacted them by email to their sales director, it's on filmotec.de, I think.
    Thanks, I'll send them an email to see if I can get some from the source.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    OK, that's good news for still shooting bulk loaders, but might surprise a movie shooter who expects a 100-foot roll to come on a camera spool.
    They call that a 'short end'

Talking about film loaders, first of all they are not mandatory. Many people use two nails on a wall to measure the right length in the dark. Regarding good film loaders, most of them are so-so. I have three "Deutgen Füllfix" loaders, and they are the only ones with a precise frame counter.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    They call that a 'short end'
    I have bought "short end" movie film, and the dealer actually had it wound on a "camera Spool" (in 35mm)

The movie folks would of course have to re-roll the film twice to get it from a core to a spool, as they use the footage numbers to edit the film later, and with the electronic editing software the numbers have to be ascending.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got 200ft of N75 in the mail; I'll check it out today.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Is anyone going to post any photos taken with either film??

Shooter
    35mm

hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    This thread just opened up the avialablity of this stuff in North America. It has been sold direct from the factory, but that is not very easy to deal-with with for a photographer who just wants one roll to try.

I see the First sensometric test was posted on another thread on APUG today. No doubt actual images will come in time.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    This thread just opened up the avialablity of this stuff in North America. It has been sold direct from the factory, but that is not very easy to deal-with with for a photographer who just wants one roll to try.

I see the First sensometric test was posted on another thread on APUG today. No doubt actual images will come in time.
    Posted here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/9...film-test.html

Images
    Here are some samples of UN54 developed in Rodinal 1+50 for 8:00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Barn.jpg   Dock.jpg   Great South Bay.jpg   West Marina.jpg  
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin