Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,630   Online: 682

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Dennis, all film Tom A., you and me used come from the same 2 - 100' rolls. One of Un-54 and one N-74. They were send to me by ORWO NA and I assume they are fresh. I didn't noticed any fog issues,as well as Tom. I never tried Xtol 1:3. Its kind of crazy to test brand new emulsion in "questionable" developer. I can see way to high contrast on your pictures, but I'm not sure is it from negative or post-processing?? Also negative exposure for was on shorter side to. Keep shooting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The contrast was from post-procession and the Xtol was all I had left. I did not have any other recipe to use for other developers. I see the list is very short on what I could use. Now its my turn to buy some ;o)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello again Goran. I guess I did not do my research enough when I looked through the ORWO site and found your recipe for Rodinal 1-50 for 13 minutes. Or as Canadian say "Blazinal". The next time as my only option now. Also a great picture of Science World.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi Dennis, no problem! Thank you! I would like to supply all interested people with data about different developers and ORWO films but actually I'm not paid nor asked to do it.
    So I give you what was interesting for me. It's what I have in my stock of developers. I also would like to try it in D96 or golden standard D76 (1:1 in my case).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ORWO Film

Just finished developing my new batch of Orwo N-74 (EI320) developed with ID-11 @ 1-1. 10:15 Min (was suggested to do 10-10.5 min so I split it) Shot with Canon A1 w/ 400mm f/5.6 Vivitar lens. Next one will use Rodinal 1-50.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orwo NA012.tif.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	47683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orwo NA017.tif.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	47684

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Some times are now in the massive dev chart:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart...er=&mdc=Search

And this Flickr group will probably add some more:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1924424@N22/

And more:

http://www.filmus-monochromus.org/mo...o74/index.html
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Most 35mm movie film, when supplied in 100 ft lengths, is on a camera spool instead of a core. If that's the case, some bulk loaders have trouble with the dimensions of that. For instance the Lloyd's loader will just barely accept the diameter of the spool, but you can't quite cinch the lid screw down all the way or the ribs on the lid press against the spool and keep it from turning. Just keep that in mind if you order this and it comes on a spool. (Lots of Fuji bulk slide film comes this way, which why I'm familiar with it.)

Duncan
    It's not an issue.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Finished the ORWO 74. I developed it with Xtol 1-3 but not too thrilled with that recipe. Like to have done it with Rodinal and expect the grain. gorbas.. How old was that film ? It seemed a bit fogged but the Xtol might have been a bit aged. It was the last of a 5L batch .

The grain on N74 is quite high, and you got about all I would have expected from negitive developing outside of pyro.

Here is a reversal

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7126/7...20eb59_z_d.jpg

and the full size http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7126/7...e61407_o_d.jpg , to see the grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Back in July last year I said I would post my results and finally I have bitten the bullet at sat down at the scanner, all I have only included is my reversal examples. These are bracketed exposures, 2 stops either side of Iso100. Anywhere between Iso100 and Iso50 gives me the best image with the soup I process all of my reversal in. I just can't get the true images to show here. Digital is not my thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img024.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	49776 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img025.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	49777
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img024.jpg   img025.jpg  
    Last edited by Oxleyroad; 04-21-2012 at 07:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: corrected grammer and flipped upside down pictures
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a question, anyone got a time and decent results for ORWO UN54 and D-76/ ID-11 at 20c?
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin