Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,334   Posts: 1,537,517   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Dbl Wt. Printing paper without emulsion?

Hi:

Does anyone know of a source to get heavy dbl weight printing paper (in at least 8x10) without an emulsion on it? Sizing would be ok, but no emulsion. I do believe that I have seen this for sale somewhere a few times but I can't remember where. I'm looking for standard b&w double-weight printing paper with no emulsion.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would 360gsm water colour art paper do the job, if so any good art supplier will have it.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Not sure. I'm looking for as little surface texture as possible and b&w printing paper seems very smooth to me. I'll go take a look, though, but it's the texture that I want to avoid.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you had the time and inclination you could find some outdated DW paper and fix it out, wash it, and dry it so you could have some to try out. Probably would be easier to find too.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike if you look for hot press art paper it is generally quite smooth although I have to say not so smooth as a matt paper such as Ilford semi matt warmtone.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Clever, I had thought of doing that if I can't find what I need. I'm sure that I saw it in some internet store's inventory at some point, just can't recall where\when.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just hit Daniel Smith in Seattle
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try Bergger's COT-320 which apparently is the uncoated fiber base of Silver Supreme. Available at http://www.bostick-sullivan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig Koshyk produced a little book on hand coating fixed out baryta paper for alt processes. I was lucky enought to get a copy but have not had time to try out the processes. He claims to be able to get an astounding Dmax but the process is tricky, hence writing the manual.
    What are you planning to try?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am planning on: "hand coating fixed out baryta paper for alt processes"!!!

Actually, I was hoping to not have to fix it out, but I'll give it a try. Wonder what's tricky about it - getting all the chemicals out properly?

I found an old post from him with a dead link to this topic. His e-mail also returns unknown. Any idea how to get hold of him? I'd like to get a copy of that booklet if at all possible.

Thanks for the lead!

-Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin