Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,176   Online: 830

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    how are you folks developing Pan F+ ? Specificlly I am looking for dev times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    how are you folks developing Pan F+ ? Specificlly I am looking for dev times.
    David,

Try this thread that got me hooked on Rodinal ..... here comes Morten LOL

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/7907-ilford-pan-f-developed-rodinal.html

Tony

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Don't be too worried about Rodinal becoming unavailable, since the formula is published.

Although stocking up on Ilford film may be a bit premature, at least the sales spike might be enough to woo a suitor for the company!

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If no one stocks up then Ilford film is really dead. There is a real need for the spike for Ilford to get a buyer.

Without a buyer what do you think Ilford will do to their B&W film production line?

A short sightness will lead to the conclusion of premature buying, but look further it is not. If everyone very coolly standing on the shore, holding on the purchase then your dearly Ilford films will be very maturely dead.

"The reason I choose to get Pan-f is because it is the current slowest traditional b&w film in the market."

Really? What about Efke 25?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote "Agfa Ultra 50 and recently Fuji Velvia 50 are all went into history because of the "upgrade"."

Excuse me - did I miss something here?! Fuji have discontinued Velvia 50? Surely not. If they have then it's time to give up colour photography altogether.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    "The reason I choose to get Pan-f is because it is the current slowest traditional b&w film in the market."

- "Really? What about Efke 25?"

I guess Pan F is the last mainstream ISO 50 film left. I've found out Efke is a lot slower and available, just like Gigabit film (ISO 40). A pro' (here I go spreading myths) told me that Konica IR750 has much finer grain than Ilford Pan F+, although is an expensive shot unless used for IR. Anyway, that's been discontinued. One of the slowest mainstream films available is still made by Kodak - an ISO less than 5 - called Positive Release Negative film. Can't see it replacing Pan F+ though.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    - Quote "Agfa Ultra 50 and recently Fuji Velvia 50 are all went into history because of the "upgrade"."

- "Excuse me - did I miss something here?! Fuji have discontinued Velvia 50? Surely not. If they have then it's time to give up colour photography altogether."

Maybe it's just a typo. Snapper seems to be discussing print film - Agfa Ultra and Konica Impresa, both ISO 50.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Correction 1: I just checked FujiFilm website. Velvia 50 is not discontinued yet. But it could be winding down if 100F is widely accepted in the market. For now it is sure a good decision because a few photographers told me they don't like Velvia 100F.

Correction 2: Pan-F is the slowest B&W film from Kodak, Fujifilm, Ilford, Agfa, Konica (Big 5), but not the slowest film in the world. There are a few other film manufaturers like the ones in East Europe and the ones in China. For some reason I usually don't include them in my reasoning, which is not really fair .

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    <QUOTE>
    - "Excuse me - did I miss something here?! Fuji have discontinued Velvia 50? Surely not. If they have then it's time to give up colour photography altogether."
    </QUOTE>

Exactly also fuji just came out with the new film Fulji Velvia 100 and continues to come out with new film. Also for soem stock markets they will still only accecpt trannies as they say the current digital cameras on the market will not give them the quality they need.

So I have no idea but what I do know is that I am stickign with film even if I have to coat my own plates! I have digital cameras and I do not like the quality.

If Ilford, Kodak and the others go out of business then more business for JANDC. And I am already starting to move over to them. Support the small guy sand scre the big corporation that want to force this digi crap down your throats. And for chemicals mix your own or and viva PyroCat HD! As soon as I run out of my chemistry I am going to start using this stuff!

So my point is there is always other options.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin