Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,937   Online: 982

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    "Will small players survive? Hope they can."

How do you expect this to happen when you recommend everyone hoard Ilford products and not buy anything from these smaller firms?
    I think it is necessary to support Ilford right now. The company and films in danger today is Ilford.

If Ekfe, Tura, Foma, ..., anyone of those smaller company in danger I will support them too. But they are fine today.

I do my best to support Ilford and it also benefit myself so I don't need to worry about lacking some excellent B&W films in future.

By the way, it is great to have those small manufacturers as alternative choices. Your marketing of their films has been a great service to the community of art photographers and always get my fully support.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See this new thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8889-more-ilford-gloom.html

It seems Ilford monochrome materials' demise will be faster than expected.

Not any better for color materials. Kodak website just posted:

"In Response to Consumer Shift to Digital, Kodak Announces Closing of Australia Plant"(that makes Kodak color papers)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford just prove my points:

"I just read an interview with the chief of marketing and communications at Ilford France, Stéphane Douville. Hadn't seen this detailed information before somewhere, so I thought I post it here. The interview is published in the octobre 2004 issue of 'Réponses Photo', a well-known and serious French photo magazine (although too much influenced by that rather annoying digital virus, in my opinion).

Monsieur Douville says the following about the future of the different product lines at Ilford. First about film.

"According to my current information, I can inform you that the Delta line (100/400/3200) and fp4 and hp5+ [I suppose he talks about fp4+ here, pm.] will be continued except for sheetfilm. PanF+ en SFX200 will disappear without doubt. The 120 roll films will continu their career.""

If you read this thread from the beginning, my recommendation and the list of stocked film, Pan-f in 35mm and 120, FP4+ and HP5+ in 4x5, exactly match what Ilford will discontinue.

Again, this is the time to stock pan-f 35mm and 120, and all 4x5 sheet films. Could be a little early, but you will never regret.
    Last edited by bwfans; 09-18-2004 at 10:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    " Again, this is the time to stock pan-f 35mm and 120, and all 4x5 sheet films. Could be a little early, but you will never regret."

I wish I was one of those smug hobbyist photographers with a spare freezer and enough finances to buy out Ilford too.

Monsieur Dooville will be happy to know I'm migrating to use French Bergger paper whilst he's busy opening his mouth about Ilford during an as yet undecided future which Ilford UK faces ;P

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin