Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,540   Online: 872

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cyan tint in developer?

I just processed the first film from my "new" Pentax 645n. Beautiful, consistent negs on Arista 100 BW. Funny thing, the 1 to 1 D-76 poured out with a pale, blue-green, or cyan tint! I've never seen this before with Kodak or Kentmere film. The film itself is untinted, looks good.

Development for 9 minutes at 69F, 30 sec initial agitation, then 5 sec every 30 sec. D-76 one shot, 1 to 1.

Anyone else have a similar tale?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acutance dyes, should be totally harmless. I assume you did no pre-soak?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I process everything in Pyro with no pre-soak and find that just about every new film these days turns the developer a different color. Some are brown, some are red, and some as you have experienced are blue green. As I understand it, it doesn't mean that anything was done wrong. I believe that if you pre-soak before developing, most of that color comes out with the soak water instead of the developer.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, folks. The film has a faint cyan tint which should have no effect on printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the same tint in my XTOL from souping Arista EDU Ultra. The developer is perfectly fine. I been told it's anti-halation dye left from my film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin