Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,133   Online: 1106

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How do I rectify my Fuji screw up?

I have recently acquired a Calumet 4x5 and I friend of mine gave me a 504 pack film holder. As is my usual tendency, I got ahead of things and bought a pack of Fuji FP-100C and was going to try my hand at some still life to see what I could get with it and to check my ability to focus a LF camera.

Problem: I really didn't understand the instructions and pulled the black strip before I had the film in the holder.

Question: How do I salvage this screw up?
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    You've probably just exposed the first sheet. Put it in as the instructions say and see how you go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The rest of the film should be fine, I haven't used the Fuji instant film much mind you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a series of white strips about an inch wide that is folded back on it's self. What is supposed to be pulled through the rollers and how is it done?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first of the white strips should stick out of the front of the holder, just below the opening to the rollers, if you are looking at the business end and holding the darkslide toward the bottom. It will not go through the rollers. You want just the first of the white strips to come out that opening. When you make your exposure, you will pull the white strip and it will force the larger tab through the rollers which you pull out to develop the film. Actually, what you want to do since you have exposed the first shot, is pull the white tab, it should force the larger tab through the rollers and you can then pull out the film packet. If this happens and you are presented with one more tab, probably marked 2, you are good to go. I have not done this nor do I have a pack that I can sacrifice, but I think it should work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, the first shot was a loss but I managed to get the rest of 'em to expose as they should.

Crisis Averted. I will try to get a few of the shots up soon.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin