Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,848   Online: 739

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Gods of Rodinal smiled down on me tonight

I went to process a roll of 120 J&C Pro 100 this evening. I loaded the tank and somehow managed to brain fart and I mixed 350ml of Rodinal 1:25 instead of 600ml. I was almost 1:30 into a 6 minute developing time before I realized that I screwed the pooch. I called to my wife (actually I screamed to Liz to get her butt in here - QUICK!) who mixed another 300ml for me while I slowly agitated the tank. It was just over 2 full minutes since the start of the process when the rest of the developer went into the tank.

I figured that the roll was going to be horrible, with a line of demarkation showing the length of the roll. Well, the Rodinal Gods must have decided that my images were worthy because there is no discernable problem with the film!

Rodinal - Rx for brain farts!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    hehe great..
    Just went to the photo store and bought 5Liters of Rodinal.. will probably outlast me..
    I am a big fan of 1:25 i want to try 1:100 sometime

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    hehe great..
    Just went to the photo store and bought 5Liters of Rodinal.. will probably outlast me..
    I am a big fan of 1:25 i want to try 1:100 sometime
    this is a pure newbie question.. but what happens when you change the dilution and timing? (also: if your developer is one fourth the strength, do you quadruple the development time?)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin