Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,194   Online: 703

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    2F,
    The arista premium went up as of 4/11 but it's still a good deal.
    I just missed grabbing some AP400, the 100ft roll is now 45.00
    I didn't realize that. It is a big price increase (50 percent) for the bulk film. For the rolls it is only about a 10 percent increase.

Looks like they still have Legacy Pro (Fuji Neopan) for $2 a roll, though.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I didn't realize that. It is a big price increase (50 percent) for the bulk film. For the rolls it is only about a 10 percent increase.

Looks like they still have Legacy Pro (Fuji Neopan) for $2 a roll, though.
    Yes, I was shocked to the point of emailing Marv to ask if it was a misprint.
    The savings on the bulk rolls was never that great with this emulsion anyway but I dont get it.

I liked the 100ft rolls because room in my freezer is at a premium right now.

I buy it when I can because I'm paranoid by nature when it comes to films these days.

I did opt for some legacy 400 instead. Short date but an amazing deal.

Shooter
    35mm
    You have to watch the prices all the time - they did say that stuff was going up. The AP seemed to bePriced to match on the EDU.Ultra for a long time.
    Bargoon this morning is they have some HP5+ Two roll packs for ten cents more than a single roll - that makes HP5 as cheep as Ultra.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great news, in some respects. I did buy some arista films recently, i have yet to shoot it though. I've been told that it is just like plus-x and trix, so we shall see. Many of the shots that I'll be doing are double exposures anyway...so i'm searching to find a suitable film. The 100 speed ultrafine worked out nicely for this, though i think i would have rated it at a different speed for the next test. the 400 looks good as well, and its a solid film...not a thin mask like the lucky. we'll see who wins the battle in the end. it may be plus-x from ultrafine online, because its cheap and im more familiar with it...but we'll see. still working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot a lot of Lucky and Shanghai film, good stuff but my feeling is the Arista is Fomapan...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Arista.EDU ULTRA is undoubtedly Foma Pan. as is the HOLGA film.
    Arista Premium is from Kodak
    Legacy Pro is from Fuji.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    Arista.EDU ULTRA is undoubtedly Foma Pan. as is the HOLGA film.
    Arista Premium is from Kodak
    Legacy Pro is from Fuji.
    I just developed a roll of the Legacy Pro, pretty sure it's Fuji Neopan Acros.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I just developed a roll of the Legacy Pro, pretty sure it's Fuji Neopan Acros.
    It definitely is.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, guys, here's my first test run with this Ultrafine Extreme 400. I shot it 120 through a Yashica-A.
    Sorry it took so long. I think that the Ilford possibility is pretty strong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neg182 copy.jpg   neg181 copy.jpg   neg183 copy.jpg   neg197 copy.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot about 10 rolls of the Extreme 400 so far. I had previously read some bad reports online, but dev'ed in Xtol and Rodinol it seems like decent stuff to me.

Could it be rebranded HP5 or maybe some old/off spec stock co-packaged by Ilford? I have not shot hp5 back to back with the Extreme 400, but I have compared the packaging on the Ultrafine Extreme 400 vs rolls of Delta 3200. The box, wrapper, and backing paper all scream like they were made by the same people.

I also have several rolls of the Ultrafine Plus 100 and 400 that were purchased at the same time as the Extreme 400. All three have different packaging. The Plus film seems fine, but my negs have a bad curl to deal with. No curl with the Extreme 400. I just wish it were about $0.50-1.00 cheaper per roll.

What did you use for development on those example shots?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin