Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,053   Online: 905

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    Here's my results from Ultrafine 100 in 120 format. Never again. I stick w/ Kodak and Ilford now. If you like circles, dots, and even film numbers on your images, this is your film. As for customer support, I called them on this. A very pleasant woman answered the phone, and said she was going to get someone who knew more than she did about the film to answer my questions. That was a couple of months ago. I'm still waiting.

By the by, Freestyle has Tri-X in 24 exp (35mm) for just $3.99, and the 36 exp is only $4.39 a roll after an instant rebate. We're all going to be kicking ourselves if we pass this one up.
    Same mottling, same dot pattern and same font that I got on my negatives with Shanghai GP3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNV00005.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic amateur View Post
    Same mottling, same dot pattern and same font that I got on my negatives with Shanghai GP3.
    That mottling and dot pattern looks very similar to a half roll of 35 mm Fuji Neopan SS 100 i recently processed as a test. Mind you, it had an expiry
    date of Apr 1968 .

When it dried it curled up lengthwise to about the diameter of a pencil. I've never seen anything like it. Was a real b*gger to flatten and scan.

Shooter
    35mm
    What about the 35mm, especially 400 speed? Is it also problematic, or is this decent film? Any help appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used and had very similar poor experiences with the Ultrafine Plus 100 film as noted here.

All of my film had the 'bleed through' numbers and dots on it regardless of what camera it was shot in and how little light was allowed into the roll itself. The grain was a mottled mess just like the samples here already and it curled so bad that I had to use a mask around each frame to hold it down enough to get a scan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e3de4b4ce775b541956cee75ffbcf58fd094fe-1.jpg   df606048524ee7ad659e0f2c3335a60747344c.jpg  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin