Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,039   Online: 991

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

development beyond frame border with Pyrocat

Hi folks!

I did my homework on uneven development and air bubbles with Pyrocat-HD and Fuji Acros.

Uneven development was definitely caused by too gentile agitation. Now I pre-soaked in eater with a drop of wetting agent, and bubbles also disappeared.

Now I find something odd: I made 12 frames for my test (thank you Tom Hoskinson) one zone apart. On frames zone X, XI and XII I noticed hat dark "colour" extended beyond the frame. Borders of the frame till zone IX are sharp, bud zones X, XI and XII have soft borders, like development spilled beyond the frame. Is this normal, or I'm doing something wrong again?

Thank you
    Marko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What you see is normal with most developers. When you overexpose grossly you start to see "halation" around the edges of the frame. It's just light bouncing around in and through the film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin