Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,304   Online: 855

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gerald

Thanks for the clarification.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also throw some alcohol in the mix. A couple caps of drugstore 91%. I read about doing this years ago and the person recommending it was a chemistry expert on some forum. I also use distilled water. Not sure if the alcohol is really needed but things look OK and it's cheap enough. If you are having problems it might be worth a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alcohol will speed evaporation.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    As indicated by the name, Kodak recommends a dilution for this wetting agent of 1:200. My experience is that I need far less (1+2,000) to avoid water marks, and our water is not very soft either.

How do you dilute Photo-Flo, and what are your experiences with this product?
    same here. i use 1+1or200,and that's plenty.any more and i get fotoflo marks.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I get very satisfying results since... I dumped Photoflo in favour of Ilford's Ilfotol!

Clearly Kodak's wetting agent is not very good (check the consistency of the substance, it's gooey and sticky... yuck!). Ilford's is MUCH better : as it's semi-liquid it won't leave white spots on your films.

Do the right thing, life's too short and your negs are too precious!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Erson View Post
    I get very satisfying results since... I dumped Photoflo in favour of Ilford's Ilfotol!

Clearly Kodak's wetting agent is not very good (check the consistency of the substance, it's gooey and sticky... yuck!). Ilford's is MUCH better : as it's semi-liquid it won't leave white spots on your films.

Do the right thing, life's too short and your negs are too precious!
    My current bottle of Kodak Photo-Flo 200 is a clear liquid that flows like water. Maybe it is a slight bit more viscous, but not much. Any previous bottles I have worked with were very similar. If your Photo-flo is gooey and sticky, there is something wrong with it!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    My current bottle of Kodak Photo-Flo 200 is a clear liquid that flows like water. Maybe it is a slight bit more viscous, but not much. Any previous bottles I have worked with were very similar. If your Photo-flo is gooey and sticky, there is something wrong with it!
    Well, my Kodak Photo-Flo 2100 is a bit syrupy...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1:400
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Gerald

Thanks for the clarification.
    distilled water is a good idea,because it cuts down on the residue casing water marks in the first place, alcohol, if not overdone, speeds up the drying, but oo much can make the film brittle
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Gooey sirupy... It's all bad to me! Try ILfotol at least once, you might not look back ever!

(let me add I'm not a Kodak hater at all. And there's plenty of ppl who think PF could be the worst wetting agent on the market).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin