Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,423   Online: 792

Shooter
    Multi Format

j and c in wd2d+?

I just ordered some J and C classic 200 I was wondering if anyone had developing times for this film in WD2D+? I can't find it anywhere and wanted a place to start with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ... by the way, it will be 120 roll film. -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is plenty of data available for J&C 200 (and 400) in Pyrocat-HD. In my experience, J&C 200 works very well in Pyrocat-HD. I have not seen any wd2d+ data for J&C 200.

Are you planning to projection print the negs or scan them? If you are planning to print, what paper/process are you developing for?
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have sent J&C my times for some of their films in WD2D+, but have not yet tried Classic 200 (though I have some sitting here). Basically I found a good starting point for WD2D+ is to take the time for whatever film in D76, and then if it is straight D76 add three minutes, and if the listed time is for D76 1:1 add one minute to the time. This so far has gotten me nicely in the ballpark with EFKE 25/50 and J&C100 for negs to be enlarged (35mm and 120).

Hope this helps.
    Joe
    Last edited by noblebeast; 09-15-2004 at 11:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Classic 200 @ E.I. 160 (sheet or roll film) W2D2+ 9 1/2 minutes @ 68 deg.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom- I will be printing using a condenser. I will be bulk printing on Oriental RCVC, then making final prints on Oriental FBVC or Forte Polygrade V. All using Dektol.

Joe- Thanks for the tips, what a coincidence.

Tim- Thank you... that'll probably be about where I start.

Thanks everyone. -Grant

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin