Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,485   Online: 925

Shooter
    Medium Format

First (decent) lith print

I picked up some LD20 some time ago and tried it with some paper that I already had... however, the results were poor. I picked up some Foma 322 which I read Tim Rudman uses in his workshops, and tried a couple of prints last night. Now we're talking! I used 50ml of A and 50ml of B in 1L of fairly hot water, and add 1L of old brown.

Here is the first, and best, print I made.

scan0005 by mjnewhook, on Flickr

I later tried more exposure, and that just seems to muddy up the print without adding more detail in the banana skin. I really like the colors in the print... I can't wait to print some more.

I put a few more images in a blog post on this topic. http://silverprint.posterous.com/bananas-march-2011
    Last edited by dfoo; 03-16-2011 at 10:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good first attempt. It is addictive. Soon you'll find ridiculous amounts of paper in the datkroom waiting for the one print that needs Amazabrom VC to get the look you want. Have I mentioned I have a lot of paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    Lovely work - I think still lifes are a nice match for lith printing.

It's amazing how the choice of paper can make such a difference to the end product. For example, Fotokemika Emaks gives me lith-prints with a look that is close to that of a conventional print, whereas something like Slavich Unibrom is great for a really gritty, textured effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a very nic print - much better than most lith prints I've seen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks great!

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin