Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,675   Online: 985

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey,,, I like my Lincoln buzz box, my chucker is a Morey and my mill is a LeBlond 3H from around 1920. (also have a Pratt and Whitney machine tool company planer from about the same time. (mechanical monster, not osha approved ;-)

I really should take pictures of all that stuff,,, working on the darkroom/mancave in the corner of the shop currently doing electrical, but the machine tools will likely start getting more air time this fall/winter.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ektachrome perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There was never a kit to home process Kodachrome. It could be done by hand, but was never ever released. This guy appears to be making things up! Sorry.

PE
    He's claiming a kit from Kodak, I'm thinking he has dis-remembered. ;-) and is thinking Ektachrome. Just the kind of make it up as you go along memory that's oh so important as a computer science instructor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the emulsion came off the support at any time, perhaps he tried to process a C22 product (75F) in a C41 process (100F). If he did that, the emulsion would dissolve right off the support. The same would probably be true if he tried to run an E3 or E4 product through an E1 or E2 process. The E3 and E4 films had no hardener in them, and relied on a prehardener. There are may mistakes like that that he could have made. If he made enough mistakes, maybe that is why he ended up teaching computer programming!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Hey,,, I like my Lincoln buzz box, my chucker is a Morey and my mill is a LeBlond 3H from around 1920. (also have a Pratt and Whitney machine tool company planer from about the same time. (mechanical monster, not osha approved ;-)
    So have you finished your locomotive yet?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    So have you finished your locomotive yet?
    I've got enought sense left to not even start a project like that. I'm only 61, and just hope I manage to get my mancave finished in time to do a few projects before the end game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I've got enought sense left to not even start a project like that. I'm only 61, and just hope I manage to get my mancave finished in time to do a few projects before the end game
    I hope you left room for the Acme-Gridley!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't even think right now,,, what's the old school screw machine all cam driven? Brown&Sharp? Anyway, 1/2" or 5/8 can't remember, but could have had it for the cost of getting it moved.

I'm a one off sort of guy with cameras, as well as most of the other hobbies,,, CAM is totally wasted on me. I do computers during the dayChase for the $$,,, don't want it hooked to anything at home unless it's stuff supporting my Luddite hobbies

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If the emulsion came off the support at any time, perhaps he tried to process a C22 product (75F) in a C41 process (100F). If he did that, the emulsion would dissolve right off the support.

PE
    I remember quite a few people "discovering" that for themselves

I never quite understood why - the films all clearly said C41 on the metal case of the cassette for 35mm film.

Its amazing that some people tried to blame Kodak for this

Martin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin