Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,512   Online: 805

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    A store?
    I'm in the fortunate position of working at a University. Last year the student shop (where I buy my sandwiches at lunch time) STARTED selling sheet and roll film! It must be working out for them, as after a month they replaced the fridge they keep it in with one twice the size. Choice is limited to ilford and fuji, and it's little more expensive than mail order, but cheaper than the photography shop in town. They also do Ilford and Kentmere RC paper.

It's darn convenient...

(now if they only stocked Efke 100 in 127...)

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    A store? Isn't that one of those things that are made out of brick and mortar where people used to buy things way back in the olden times? I went into one of those once and no matter how much I waved my mouse around, my shopping cart didn't fill up. No wonder they didn't work out.
    Here's something even more unbelievable. I can remember buying 8 x 10 film at their downtown store. I mean, like right in the store and everything. I'd give them money and they'd hand me a box of 8 x 10 sheet film with which I could drive home. And I'm not even 100 years old yet.
    Jim

Kodak's self-fulfilling prophecy?

At the last Sydney photo trade fair a few months ago, Kodak had a stand there of course, but even though it is the 50th anniversary of the epoch-making Tri-X, which could have been a good marketing exercise, not a single roll of film was present at the entire stand, and all they displayed was digital equipment. If Kodak convinced themselves that film has no market future, they will indeed act accordingly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    I'm in the fortunate position of working at a University. Last year the student shop (where I buy my sandwiches at lunch time) STARTED selling sheet and roll film! It must be working out for them, as after a month they replaced the fridge they keep it in with one twice the size. Choice is limited to ilford and fuji, and it's little more expensive than mail order, but cheaper than the photography shop in town. They also do Ilford and Kentmere RC paper.

It's darn convenient...

(now if they only stocked Efke 100 in 127...)

Ian
    Doesn't that just warm the heart!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin